Job title – Programme Manager
Location – London
Rate – PAYE £715 / Umbrella £917.49 per day
Start date – ASAP
Contract – 6 months
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced Programme Manager to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will be for 6 months with a review to be extended.
The Titan programme is a key strategic programme as part of the Group wide Europe Transformation and its purpose is 3 fold:-
- to transfer the ownership of HTDE subsidiary from HBEU to HBCE.
- followed by the transformation from an HBCE subsidiary to a branch of HBCE
- then the centralization of much of the client facing Global Markets and Wholesale activity into HSBC Continental Europe, and internalizing hedges where possible between HTDE and HBCE.
The role of the MSS Titan Programme Director will lead all technology aspects of the programme working closely with the MSS Business and the relevant Group Businesses and Group Functions. The role will be responsible for managing change initiation, design and delivery and accountable for successful delivery of the programme and ensuring benefits realisation.
The scope of the role is Front to back, and includes management of deliverables across MSS Front Office, Markets Middle Office, Traded Risk, Product Control and Global Risk Analytics. The role will require working closely with the relevant teams across the global MSS Technology teams to deliver on the programme requirements.
At all times/phases, all activities must continue to comply with Business, Regulatory and Legal Requirements and quality of services provided to clients not compromised. Examples of requirements necessary to maintain the existing HTDE Derivatives business including: Legal capacity to negotiate DRVs (incl. processes), German-language term-sheets/confirmations, processes to comply with the German Securities and Trading Act, processes to comply with ex-ante/ex-post costs disclosure obligations, etc.
· Influence strategy and shape the programme approach across a series of projects or component activities, building stakeholder buy-in around plans, commitments and changes
· Accountable for assisting business stakeholders with the decomposition of complex business requirements into Epics and User Stories that can be delivered by Technology teams via respective backlogs with minimum cross product co-ordination
· Accountable for the delivery, governance & reporting to stakeholders including the Product owner in the business, leadership of a service line or Product within Technology.
· Drives the use of the prevailing methodologies within Technology teams (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean)
· Ensure Technology programmes align to HSBC strategies and contribute to towards achieving strategic aims
· Ensuring that all Technology practices and associated tools are being adopted and adhered to within the Programme
· Accountable for all elements of programme financial management, including headcount and software delivery capitalisation
· Manage negotiation with and management of, and service agreement monitoring of third-party contracts with Technology suppliers
· Manage the development and promotion of the technology portfolio and project management practices
· Work across business and technology to establish effective controls, procedures and quality assurance processes for the product in line with the Change Framework and HSBC Risk and Controls framework
· Manage the reporting of progress, issues, dependencies and risks to committees and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation.
- Experience working across multiple asset classes and lines of businesses (e.g. Cross asset programme management, FDR, Markets Ops)
- A knowledge of MSS front to back businesses and processes, and a network in HSBC ideal as will be working across many teams with multiple priorities
- Strong project and programme management skills with proven track record of success in delivering complex programmes of work spanning multiple business lines
- A strong technology background to ensure solutions are in line with HSBC technology strategy and MSS business strategy
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub: -
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on 0161 503 5522 / email@example.com