Job title – Valuations Manager (Fixed income)
Location – London/Hybrid
Rate – Up to £632.50 PAYE or £811.62 via Umbrella
Start date – ASAP
Contract – Initially a 12 months rolling contract, with possibility to keep extending.
HSBC is currently seeking a Valuations Manager to join their team in the London office, this contract will initially be for 6 months but will have potential to keep extending.
The role will have to balance independent working, and appropriate escalation to Global Rates valuations management. The role holder will need to independently drive conversations on valuation with key stakeholders across the Front Office, Risk, Quants and within Valuations and Analytics. The Flow Rates Valuations team is designed to operate as a global team, so the role holder will need to ensure appropriate engagement with colleagues in other regions, as well as engagement with the Flow Rates Valuations team (in London and other locations) in order to deliver efficiently and consistently.
• Responsible for the production of IPV, FVA and Prudent Valuation (PVA) balances, Methodologies and documentation;
• Engagement with Europe Rates Core Product Control to ensure that the valuation conclusions are accurately reflected in the books and that the communication with the business is seamless and consistent.
• Ensure that the governance and controls of fair value is adhered to. Prepare for and contribute to the valuation committees that opine on fair value for the business areas concerned.
• Ensure Valuation FIM requirements and other applicable accounting / regulatory standards are met. Liaise with Internal/External audit and regulators where necessary.
• Work collaboratively and efficiently within the Global Fixed Income Valuations team, and with the Flow Rates Valuations team.
• Ensure the efficient and effective management of IPV, FVA and PVA processes and to ensure that accounting and regulatory standards are met.
• Close management of fair value adjustments for the Flow Rates businesses
• Keep abreast of industry wide debates and discussions on this asset class. Realize efficiency gains through the automation and streamlining of the Fair Value Processes.
• Working with the Global Flow Rates Valuations Lead to standardize and align the valuation framework across the regions.
• Work closely with the core Product Control team to ensure they are up to date with valuation issues and that the Valuation team is up to date with any core Product Control issues
• Liaise and work together with key stakeholders.
Ideal Experience / Qualifications:
• Graduate degree, with experience in Product Control or Valuations.
• Demonstrable track record in top-tier global bank.
• Detailed knowledge of Product Control Valuations processes and proven experience of managing Product Control, Valuations or Financial Process based activities.
• Market derivative knowledge in Rates asset class. Other asset class experience highly beneficial
• Experience of Rates Models and Derivatives Valuation Framework
• Experience of developing methodology and shaping policy for IPV / FVAs is a distinct advantage.
• Good understanding of accounting requirements for Valuation activity in Global Markets.
• Good understanding and appreciation of Regulatory requirements and guidelines for Valuation activity.
• Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments.
• Experience of interacting with stakeholder groups (Business, Risk, Internal and External Audit).
If you are relevant or interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please look at our HSBC Career Hub using the following link - https://jobs.elevatedirect.com/tapfin/index.html