Senior Business Analyst
£467.50 PAYE / £599.90 Umbrella
London (Hybrid – 3 days a week in office)
6 Month Contract
HSBC are currently looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join their team! If successful, you will be working within the Strategy and Change team who are currently working on the TZero Programme. Your role if successful will be to work with the CDO team, Global Instrument Ref Data team, Product Control, Middle and Front Office teams to unearth the pertinent processes, system flows and development requirements necessary to drive forward the project. You will be required to analyse and manipulate data in order to help find and provide solutions for a list of issues that are collated by Front and Middle Office teams. Where the issues are of lower sizes you will be expected to help craft solutions, where the issues are larger you will be expected to create Business Case Reports highlighting the project requirements to solve the issue. If you believe you would be strong in this position do not hesitate to apply!
Day-to-day tasks are as follows:
· Working with the above-mentioned teams to, review the workflow, identify current data and process issues, and apply solutions to the Instrument and other reference data domains. Specifically,
o User groups have a long list of trade and reference data general issues that need to be analysed to identify the underlying causes, and resolve the solutions for them
o Develop an operating model (inc. roles and responsibilities assigned) and plan workflow for all user groups to be able to raise data issues and for those to then be handled within defined time parameters
o Plan an approach and identify solutions that will allow systemic local overrides to data but only until the golden source is verified – once verified, the golden source prevails globally. Hence promoting trust and flexibility in golden sources.
· Issues and resolution concepts will need to be wrested, analysed, developed and written up.
· Consideration will need to be made of trade flows, user group interaction, inclusion of preventative controls and maximising efficiency
· Translate Business needs and ongoing costs into Business cases that justify the resolution.
· Documenting Business requirements
· Support other streams of the Tzero programme
Key Experience / Skills:
Experience and skills that are required for this role are as follows:
· Preferable to have experience working in reference data teams or directly with instrument reference data.
· Strong reporting skills in MS-Office suite, Clarity, SharePoint and Confluence tool.
· Experience of working within large programmes / change initiatives and communicating with senior stakeholders.
· Understanding of Instrument Data, its sources, control of it, validation and verification, establishing and maintaining trusted sources.
· Understanding of the trades/transactions that reference Instrument Data
· Understanding the importance of high-quality Reference Data on the downstream consumers’ (Product Control, Market Risk, Finance, Operations) processes and efficiency.
· Understanding of MSS Ops Transformation Lifecycle, Business Transformation Frameworks, methodologies and best practice techniques
· Understanding of banking / HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers and other stakeholders
· Understanding of the project lifecycle.
· Project management skills and experience, including examples of the delivery of on time and on budget – a driver with bias towards regular delivery at pace and controlling project outcomes
· Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in face-to-face presentation
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Either apply direct! Or please contact me on 0161 924 1380 / Katie.Harrison@jeffersonwells.co.uk