Job title – Senior Business Analyst
Location – London/ Remote
Start date – ASAP
Pay Rate - £522.50 PAYE or £670.47 Umbrella
Contract – 6 Months
HSBC are currently looking for an experienced Senior Business Manager to join their Risk and Compliance Transformation Team.
Risk & Compliance Transformation (CT) ensures effective and efficient definition, planning, management and execution of global change programmes related to financial crime risk, supporting the business teams and HSBC to meet its regulatory commitments and covers key areas such as money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption.
Global Transformation Senior Business Analysts shape and lead initiation activities and operating model definition and are at the centre of how Global Transformation delivers and embeds change working with our delivery partners. Primarily, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for managing and executing the analysis activity within one or more of the priority programmes.
Senior Business Analyst’s will also oversee Change Management activities spanning from early change planning and audience analysis; through to designing and delivering change interventions (e.g. communications, training, support, organisation alignment); and tracking and taking actions on change readiness, adoption, and feedback. They are also ultimately responsible for Implementation Management, including planning, controlling and reporting on implementation of the change ‘product’, focusing on accelerating benefits and minimising risk during deployment. Implementation activities will also include managing implementation readiness and managing the early stages of implementation (e.g. pilot).
· Anticipates and manages stakeholder expectations, fostering open and honest communication; resolves stakeholder conflict and represents the interests of other stakeholders
· Identifies and analyses complex problems involving the wider team; generates feasible and creative solutions considering all aspects and consequences; leads brainstorming meetings to discuss and/or resolve problems
· Questions current state and facilitates stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement
· Uses understanding of the Group’s strategy, strengths, weaknesses and the external marketplace, to inform business decisions and create competitive advantage
· Understands different mind-sets and analyses options to develop implementable solutions
· Exhibits high energy, understands issues within team and galvanises others to achieve goals
· Gains a clear understanding of others’ point of view by listening, asking clarifying questions and reflecting back; encourages and facilitates open and honest debate with tact and integrity, even where sensitive issues are involved
· Articulates or translates complex information in clear, meaningful and structured way to suit audience
· Builds effective working relationships with analysis and design teams in our delivery partners and works well with external partners
· Often acts as an expert across multiple projects or programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their requirements gathering, design, change or implementation approach. May conduct one off business research and analysis tasks related to programme or project scope.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
· Expert knowledge of Global Transformation Change Frameworks, Agile methodologies and best practice techniques
· A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of Global Transformation
· Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
· Very strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
· Re-engineering knowledge
· Advanced Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
· Advanced Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
· Proven track record as an outstanding analyst or consultant
· Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
· Extensive experience of using multiple analysis techniques in a change environment, with a mix of business, Operations and technology focused projects
· Experience of business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
· Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments (branch, contact centre, trading floor, operations, head office etc).
· Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
· Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
· Advanced judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
· Experience of managing large teams and resources located remotely
· Ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
· Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
· Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and sponsors
· Decision Making
· Achieving Excellence
· Delivery at Pace
· Impactful communication
· Business Analysis & Design
· Business Case and Benefits Realisation
· Change and Implementation Management
· Process Re-engineering
· Planning and Plan Management
· Stakeholder Management
· Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
· Resource and Team Management
· Qualifications and Accreditations
· Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) - Optional
· Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - Optional
· Degree in Business Information Systems or a related field – Optional
· Degree in business administration / management / economics, engineering and science - Optional