Transformation Project Manager
£522.50/Day PAYE - £670.47/Day Umbrella
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Transformation Project Manager
Role Purpose / Day to Day:
- Help in shaping and executing on Wholesale’s global strategic change agenda.
- Play a prominent role in Portfolio planning & execution and be the go-to person for the Business for all activities around strategic change agenda definition and delivery
- Be accountable for creating the Business Change Roadmap and to execute it working with the Business Leads & Global Transformation Portfolio Directors
- Lead strategic change from initiation to execution and benefits realisation, provide the business with end to end change support
- Collaborate with the Business on the need & nature of change to leverage opportunities and manage challenges
- Work independently when required to identify opportunities, challenge conventional thinking and then shape, prioritise and drive the execution of their change needs with a focus on delivering the desired customer, colleague, operational and financial outcomes.
- Ensure that any disruption from is minimised to enable the acceleration of the delivery of the business results
- Oversee the tracking of risks, issues and dependencies, assess impact on the change strategy and take action to minimise impact
- Monitor and report on the strategic change agenda and intervene when off track
- Ensure all agreed costs, quality and delivery commitments
- Evaluate delivery quality of Transformation team using KPIs or surveys
- Demonstrate financial acumen to develop a global business case, including investments, detailed benefits and link to overall finances of the business.
- Ensure key learnings are captured from each Programme and feed these back into Transformation to improve methodologies and share best practice
- Act as a Line Manager to Transformation colleagues engaged in critical programmes (optional)
- Experience of delivering end to end change in financial services
- Experience for the delivery of highly complex and business critical change effort in accordance with existing industry best practices and methodologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- Display a high level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex business change initiatives
- Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, values, behaviours, processes and objectives
- Strong intimate knowledge of Wholesale Banking business model – i.e. the customer proposition, the channels and operations, and the key financial performance drivers.
- Good working knowledge of functional area in an operational or consulting capacity
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- Strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments
- Strong analytical background and proven ability in analytical rigor, including being able to contextualize data into business activities and conclusions
Experience / Skills required:
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate, or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- Outstanding relationship management and influencing skills – up to Board level
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure successful delivery of complex transformational initiatives
- Outstanding organisational and planning skills
- Degree in related field or commensurate practical experience
- Industry recognized technical certifications i.e. PMP, CBAP, Master Black Belt – Six Sigma (Optional), TOGAF (Optional)
- Previous HSBC experience
- Can deal with ambiguity and change
If you think you are up for the task and feel you meet the above criteria or interested to hear more information, please contact me on Amy.firstname.lastname@example.org