Job title – Employee Relations Manager
Location – London/ Remote
Start date – ASAP
Pay Rate - £357.50 PAYE or £458.74 Umbrella
Contract – until 31st December 2022
HSBC are currently looking for an experienced Employee Relations Manager to join their team.
The role spans the whole of the UK (i.e. RFB and NRFB) and across businesses, functions and employing entities. The role holder will therefore need to be able to successfully manage and navigate organisational complexity.
The role holder will be involved in complex but interesting ER activity, as well as potentially supporting specialist projects. The successful candidate will be working as part of a dynamic ER team.
· Support and manage complex people issues in a manner consistent with HSBC values
· Support with restructuring and business change
· Be up to date with employment laws to ensure HSBC, management and employees are in compliance.
· Work in partnership with Employment Legal to provide guidance to key stakeholders on any employment related litigation
· Support training related to employee relations, leadership, coaching and succession planning, as well as compliance with laws and regulation as well as HSBC policies and procedures.
· Coach and develop HR colleagues and people managers on the effective resolution of ER matters. This may also include providing formal training and periodic technical updates to client groups.
· Assignment to ER projects
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of managing complex people issues (Disciplinaries, Grievances, Capability processes etc.).
- Change management experience (redundancies, TUPE, merges, restructures etc.)
- Strong investigation and report writing skills
- Experience managing competing priorities and stakeholders
· Ability to approach issues strategically; anticipating consequences and navigating around unforeseen obstacles.
· Well-developed organisational skills and strong attention to detail.
· Flexibility and ability to multi-task.
· Strong ability to deal with sensitive issues including complex investigations.
- Good written and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work with and constructively influence multiple stakeholders.
- Proactive approach to work.
- Experience of managing complex people issues
- Experience of working within a complex organizational structure and ability to successfully navigate that structure.