Job title – Business Analyst - Traded Risk Transformation
Location – London/Remote working
Rate – PAYE £550 / Umbrella £705.76 per day
Start date – ASAP
Contract – 10 months plus
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will be for 10 months with a review to be extended.
The Traded Risk Transformation team is responsible for the successful implementation of strategic applications as well as BAU project activities to ensure the highest level of data quality and integrity for Risk Management and to comply with Regulatory commitments.
The role holder will primarily act as a lead across the BAU VaR/SVAR, MR Stress testing and FRTB planning and execution agenda for Traded Risk.
· The role is based in London, working closely with Risk Managers, Risk Controllers. Risk IT and GRA to ensure smooth delivery of complex projects and work streams
· Changes to Risk systems are governed by external regulators, which require the project manager to ensure communication channels are open and available between the Risk Managers and the Regulatory & Risk Analytics teams
· Responsible to ensure the wider change delivery team is kept abreast of changes in the region and are being engaged in the improvement process
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
ESSENTIAL TECHINCAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Knowledge of Basel 3 FRTB requirements desirable
· Ability to work with large volumes of data – Analysis, regression of data and presentation of data.
· Ability to demonstrate strong Excel, Power point and Python programming skills(desirable).
· High degree of understanding of Traded Risk (Market or Counterparty Risk) terminology and concepts – exposure calculation approaches, Traded Risk Internal Controls framework, Basel II & III
· Capable of exposure regression analysis and explaining differences between production exposure and target system generated exposure, through breakdown of variables
· University graduate in Finance, computer science or numerated related disciplines.
· Experience in documenting requirements, validating functional specifications, drafting testing approach plans and user acceptance test cases
· Experience in risk system development cycles and working with Risk Technology departments.
· Strong ability to understand and use complex systems and take a logical and constructive approach to investigating and communicating system problems
· Understanding of how projects are delivered, including project lifecycle
· Knowledge on trading business & products, risk methodology and regulatory framework. Specifically, exposure in all Asset classes, Market risks, Cross-Risks and trade characteristics.
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
· Experience in working with the following departments in a large financial organization; Risk Management, Product Control
· Database design/knowledge
· Attention to detail and a methodical & structured approach
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Strong time management skills
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub: -
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on 0161 503 5522 / firstname.lastname@example.org