Job title – Business Analyst
Location – London, Canary Wharf
Rate – up to PAYE £440 / Umbrella £564 per day
Start date – ASAP
Contract – 6 months
Our client HSBC are currently seeking a Business Analyst to join their team in the London office/remote hybrid working, this contract will be for 6 months with a review to be extended.
The Traded Risk Transformation team is responsible for the successful implementation of strategic applications as well as BAU project activities to ensure the highest level of data quality and integrity for Risk Management and to comply with Regulatory commitments.
In this role you will: -
· Will work closely with Risk Managers, Risk Controllers, FO and IT, to ensure smooth delivery of complex projects and workstreams
· Changes to Risk systems are governed by external regulators, which require the project manager to ensure communication channels are open and available between the Risk Managers and the Regulatory & Risk Analytics teams
· Responsible to ensure the wider change delivery team is kept abreast of changes in the region and are being engaged in the improvement process
· Interact with multiple systems on a day-to-day basis with multi-million trade volumes, supported End-to-End
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and want to learn, if you are a recent graduate please don’t hesitate in applying!
ESSENTIAL TECHINCAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Detailed knowledge on trading business & products, risk methodology and regulatory framework. Specifically, expertise in all Asset class product types, Counterparty risks, Market risks, Cross-Risks, trade characteristics and hedging strategies
· High degree of understanding of Traded Risk (Market or Counterparty Risk) terminology and concepts – exposure calculation approaches, Traded Risk Internal Controls framework, Basel II & III
· Capable of exposure regression analysis and explaining differences between production exposure and target system generated exposure, through breakdown of variables
· University graduate in Finance, computer science or numerated related disciplines
· Experience in documenting requirements, validating functional specifications, drafting testing approach plans and user acceptance test cases
· Able to understand and document processes using data flow diagrams
· Experience in risk system development cycles and working with Risk Technology departments.
· Strong ability to understand and use complex systems and take a logical and constructive approach to investigating and communicating system problems
· Understanding of how projects are delivered, including project lifecycle
· High level of expertise in Excel & Access (VBA level), SQL, PowerPoint, Visio
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
· Experience in working with the following departments in a large financial organisation; Risk Management, Product Control
· Database design/knowledge
· Attention to detail and a methodical & structured approach
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Strong time management skills
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub: -
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on 0161 503 5522 / email@example.com