Executive Assistant / Administrator / Legal Secretary
GCB 6 London, UK
Contractor Role – Initially 6 month’s rolling contract with potential to keep extending.
Daily rate: Up to £192.50 pd PAYE or up to £247.02 pd via Umbrella
Regulatory Enforcement) to provide comprehensive, high quality, professional legal secretarial and administrative support to a London-based team of disputes lawyers comprising: the Regional Head of Litigation & Regulatory Enforcement for Europe; the UK Head of Litigation; two Managing Associate General Counsel; and a team comprising of six further lawyers and three to five secondees.
The role is based in London (albeit the team is intermittently remote and hybrid working subject to the ongoing/changing Covid-related restrictions) with the objective of working closely with and supporting the lawyers. Duties consist of (but are not limited to):
- Extensive and complex diary, email and meeting management – including organizing internal and external meetings and calls across time zones.
- Onboarding new members of staff (and offboarding departing members of staff) – particularly members of the team who are secondees on placement from panel law firms – and ensuring appropriate systems access.
- Assisting lawyers with IT, HR and other HSBC systems queries/issues and troubleshooting such issues themselves where possible.
- Opening and closing matters in HSBC’s matter management/reporting system (Legal Tracker – training will be provided if no prior experience of using bank systems).
- Managing post received by the team – ensuring it is logged, correctly routed and properly actioned.
- Assisting lawyers with billing queries and working with stakeholders (third party service providers and Accounts Payable/Legal COO colleagues) to ensure prompt payment of bills, thorough investigation of any queries, and resolution of queries/issues in a timely and constructive manner where they arise.
- Coordinating and arranging team meetings; ensuring team records/MI are up to date; and assisting with arrangements for team training sessions.
- Making travel arrangements (once restrictions allow) and dealing with expenses.
The candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- Highly proficient IT user (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Zoom and MSTeams; ability to quickly become proficient in HSBC-specific tools (if no previous experience) including Legal Tracker, eShare, HRDirect, etc)
- Previous PA/legal secretarial experience
- Proactive diary management, including rescheduling conflicting appointments using judgment
- Ability to plan and organise workload, taking into account conflicting priorities
- Strong relationship skills / ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Ability to deal with internal and external clients and to act as a gate keeper for your team
- Ability to prioritise and deal with multiple requests at one time
- Ability keep calm under pressure
- Ability to work accurately under pressure of tight deadlines
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Proactive approach and forward thinking ability
- Ability to maintain HSBC internal controls and standards and under due diligence checks
- Ability to work independently