Job title – Business Accountant
Rate – Up to £330 PAYE or Umbrella £423
Start date – ASAP
Contract – 12 months
Our financial services client is currently seeking a Business Accountant to join their team in the Birmingham office/remote working, this contract will initially be for 12 months.
As part of Financial Control team, we are primarily responsible for the month close activities that lead up to Balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of Financial Statements. Apart from month end close there are daily, weekly, and quarterly activities that needs to be completed by the team. The role also requires an ambitious individual who supports the existing projects running within the team and maintain effective relationship with the Offshore Partners/ Project team / Auditors.
Role also involves challenging the existing process and with the objective of continuous process improvements, best practice sharing, imparting technical trainings etc.
· Responsible to manage the Period end close and financial reporting as per IFRS requirement.
· Responsible for meeting the defined SLAs and managing good relationship with the stakeholders.
· Ensuring all the routine deliverables are managed timely and accurately.
· Review and challenge all through the accounting / reporting process.
· Co-ordinate & effectively communicate with other teams in diverse locations across in-country / GFC.
· Ensuring adherence to controls in BAU process and keeping EUCs / SOPs updated.
· Lead and execute process improvement initiatives within the team and improve efficiency.
· Review all accounts to ensure compliance to FIM/DIM and Reconciliation and Substantiation per the Group Policy.
· Business and Product understanding, closely working with other Teams.
· Lead the ARCC Reporting process for the entity
· Understand the operations Risk / SOX framework for the process.
· Adherence to Group policies, audit, controls, and compliance requirements. It is imperative that the role maintains a highly effective SOX-compliant control framework, including but not limited to declaration of secrecy, data protection act, health, safety and security, clear desk policy.
· Operational capability must be maintained all year round given the frequency of reporting periods (monthly plus additional requirements quarterly, half-yearly and annually).
· Effectively drive change and achieve cross-training.
· Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy under pressure is important, as during the reporting periods the team is required to meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to prioritize and plan work in an efficient manner.
· Ensure seamless delivery on all the process level activities within timelines and maintain high quality standards. Focus on controls and continuous process improvements.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Accounting qualification/part qualification or equivalent with experience in the field of Accounting and Reconciliations
· Excellent communication skills, including experience of explaining complex technical matters simply and succinctly
· Good understanding on Banking Products.
· Experience that demonstrates ability to learn and apply complex/technical rules/frameworks, product/model valuation etc.
· Experience working in/with an organization that handles complex products (i.e., complexity of accounting, valuation, reporting, risk assessment etc.)
· Experience of working with colleague’s cross-border in a multinational organization
· Working/detailed knowledge of Operational framework/rules
· Evidence of process management skills with an ability to initiate process improvements.
· Capability to understand, analyze and interpret numeric data.
· Time management, prioritization, and problem-solving skills.
· Proven ability to work to strict deadlines, under pressure and be a team player.
· Pre-empt issues or concerns and work to closure.
· Ability to manage trouble shooting / secondary reviews and understand all queries raised by business partner.
Skills and Certifications
· Experience of working in Banking/Financial services organization of repute will be an advantage.
· Understanding of international Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
· Advance knowledge of MS Excel and basis knowledge of MS Access (Visual basics) and Macros are preferred
· Willing to stretch as per the process requirements.
If you are relevant or interested, please contact me at Krutika.Patel@jeffersonwells.co.uk