Job title – Senior PMO – Traded & Treasury Risk and Analytics
Location – London/Remote
Daily rate – Up to £600 pd PAYE or £780 pd Umbrella (Dependent on Experience)
Start date – ASAP
Contract – Initial 6 months+ turning into a longer contract
HSBC is currently seeking a Senior PMO to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will initially be for 6 months with continuous extension as projects are around 1-2 years.
The Global Risk function comprises c. 7,000 FTE across the Risk functional areas of Financial Risk (Wholesale Market & Credit Risk, Global Risk Analytics and Retail Credit Risk) and Enterprise Risk (Operational Risk, Resilience Risk, Risk Strategy), supporting the Global Businesses (WPB, CMB, GBM). This scale requires a high level of oversight and management, therefore necessitating the development of COO and Transformation teams within Global Risk.
The Traded and Treasury Risk and Analytics Transformation area supports the Risk function in driving transformational activity by managing a change portfolio of programmes which underpin the delivery of the re-engineering of Risk to improve its cost and risk profile, operating efficiency and service quality. In addition, the Risk Transformation area oversees regulatory programmes and other significant change programmes.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Oversee a portfolio of high profile projects across multiple geographies and business areas
- Liaise with Senior Executive level stakeholders both inside and outside of the Risk function
- Liaise with senior programme managers
- Coordinate governance framework for portfolio of programmes
- Manage reporting against programme scope, programme plans and cross programme dependencies
- Support production of senior stakeholder reports periodically and on an adhoc basis
- Provide senior executive level updates to provide accurate, timely and insightful analysis of the progress of the change initiatives, the impact on the business and intervention where necessary
- Build strong relationships, adopting a joined up approach, to support execution of programmes at pace and with minimum conflict
- Ensuring that internal and external regulatory requirements are met
- Analyse stakeholder goals and effectively manage their expectations, addressing any misalignment
- Build ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with internal customers at a regional and global level to understand their objectives
- Understand and manage programme client/stakeholders’ requirements and expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Monitor progress to ensure programmes are delivered on time and within budget, and business results are realised
- Oversee the establishment of the project/programme performance metrics and reporting process, ensuring sponsors receive the right information at the right time regarding project/programme performance
- Implement quality framework for Global Risk
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability of organisational planning, resource mobilisation and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to bring analytical rigour and structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
- Strong communication skills – applicable through multiple channels (written, spoken, workshops, presentations)
- Typical qualifications would include a Bachelor’s degree / equivalent experience and the role holder will have professional qualifications in Project Management e.g. Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Proven capability as a programme management office leader in delivering large complex programmes
- Excellent track record in programme delivery, typically in both execution and coordination roles
- Experience working with senior stakeholders in a global environment
If you are relevant or interested, please contact me at Trixie.Kamau@jeffersonwells.co.uk