£275 PAYE / £352.88 Umbrella
Immediate Supervisor’s Name & Role Title (plus Functional reporting lines, if any)
Mark Andrews, Supervisor
Customer Segment & Location:
Global Banking and Markets, WFH (Normally8CS17)
Responsible for supporting all HSBC Precious Metals business for including Trade Processing, Metal Clearing, ETFs, Balance Sheet Management, Reconciliations plus providing cover for Physical and Shipping transactions.
Key activities and decision making areas
Typical KPIs and Targets
Impact on the Business
- Ensure accurate processing and timely execution of all client metal transfer instructions within market deadlines.
- Ensure accurate processing of all Precious and Base metals trades in PMCalypso including outgoing confirmations and invoices
- Ensure all queries actioned same day under advice to client.
- Ensure all Reconciliation reviewed every day and any breaks have been comprehensively investigated
- Provide support for Front Office, Operations management and various stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate processing of all Physical/Shipping movements in compliance with latest Financial Crime and Compliance policies.
- Contribute to all new due diligence requests and ensure Desk Instructions are updated.
Ensuring all daily settlement and market cut off times are met
Ensuring compliance with FIM, regulatory requirements and relevant DIMs
Ensuring all reconciliation breaks have been dealt with promptly and escalated if required.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Metals Operations staff and Management in LDN, NY, HK
- Front Office in LDN, NY, HK
- External Clients
Feedback from Operations teams, Front Office and clients
Leadership & Teamwork
- Good interpersonal skills (Ability to communicate and deal with internal departmental issues).
- Good communication skills with ability to handle and to create a favourable image with external clients and other HSBC departments
- Demonstrate a flexible working style, be able to cover a variety of roles, and behave as a role model to both experienced and less experienced colleagues
No internal or external client complaints.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Strict adherence of key controls laid down in FIM and departmental procedures, driving and implementing change when necessary
- Good organisational skills
Satisfactory audit reviews, adherence to DIMs and no operational losses
- Assist in management of resources to ensure all responsibilities covered and all tasks can then be completed within cut off times with no losses to HSBC
- Maintain ongoing relationships with Front Office , external clients and other HSBC departments
- Assist with development of new metals products and processes
- Provide ongoing day to day support to direct manager
- Forge strong working relationships with line managers and support staff within Metals Operations team in London, HK and NY
- Maintain strong working relationships with various Front Office teams
- Good product knowledge of all aspects of precious and base global business
- Good knowledge of myriad of metals systems
- Show ability to be flexible in a high volume, fast moving business, assisting line team whenever required
- Show ability to deliver accurately with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Actively take part in resolving any reconciliation breaks, taking steps to prevent repeat occurrence
- Good knowledge of regulatory and tax requirements
Management of Risk
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Ensures that daily processing is compliant with the bank FIM standards.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget. in USD’000)
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- Experience of metals settlements/operations area preferred.
- Strong communication skills and experience of dealing with external clients.
- Knowledge of the Precious Metals market and clearing procedures preferred.
- Ability to prioritise and manage a large and varied workload whilst ensuing cut off times are met
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Risk awareness and ability to understand and mitigate at appropriate levels
- Flexibility and a willingness to cover a number of roles when required