ROLE: Product Manager –Core Payments Europe – Project Solar
ROLE TYPE: Contractor
Duration: 11 months
The Product Manager role is based within Global Liquidity & Cash Management (GLCM) Product Management team. The role of the Product Manager is to execute product strategies with respect to the development, business management, risk mitigation and commercialization of the one or more sub products under the Regional Payments portfolio. Simplifying the IT infrastructure and undertaking Client Management related transformation activities is a crucial part of GBM and CMB’s strategy to reduce costs and improve return. The said project aims to cover a number of client management related transformation initiatives. This is a significant project which requires dedicated GLCM resources to deliver on the full spectrum of requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Coordinate and manage a cross line of business Customer Outreach programme
· Programme management activities associated with the Outreach- preparing presentation decks for senior stakeholders, SteerCo and other Risk Committees in order to seek approvals for key milestones
· Participating at Industry co-ordination meetings
· Co-ordinating with third Party supplier to ensure that the objectives of the Outreach Programme are met
· Aligning the customer billing objectives to the decisions made at various Risk and Cross Line of Business Forums
· Ensuring End to End Governance of the project and tracking of all actions and events and maintain records (per internal audit requirements)
· Any additional requirements that may come up during the course of the project. Support the definition, build and submission of relevant business cases to ensure continued development to meet changing programme needs through the programme change management process
· Collaborate on the ongoing development of programme scope and clearly articulate the product vision and design to stakeholders and IT team members
· Participate in project governance committees and forums as appropriate as representative for regional sponsors
· Support local product resources in Germany in providing subject matter expertise to IT and Transformation stakeholders
· Follow the established procedures and governance around the identification, management and mitigation of risk
· Specifically, under Project Marco - Support the design, implementation and delivery of a highly efficient, customer centric European Wholesale Bank platform that facilitates a greater shared services operating model across the region and improved competitiveness.
· Develop and drive the execution of regional commercialization and marketing strategy for the assigned product(s) or projects in line with the strategy for Global Business, and contribute to the Risk Identification & Mitigation objectives of the business.
· Contribute in the execution of longer term product strategy based on customer needs, emerging market trends, infrastructure development and the regulatory environment for the country / region; leveraging on market insights, audit reports, market analysis and risk analysis carried out
· Contribute productively to team objectives, supporting and/or leading activities to achieve shared goals.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Proven experience in product management including the development and maintenance of business requirements in cash management products and infrastructures
· Expertise in payment process and products services and infrastructure
· Experience in project governance committees and forums as appropriate
- Experience in supporting the design, implementation and delivery of payments platform
- Specialist industry experience with strong risk and AML backgrounds an advantage
- Experience in driving cross-functional initiatives in complex, matrix organization
- Working knowledge and keen understanding of bank operations, payment systems and technology
- Exposure to creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
- Consistently achieved objectives set for them and taken action to improve their own performance
- Self-awareness with confidence to work independently and take responsibility for own development
- Good spoken and written communication skills; Experience of building effective customer collateral, marketing material, process maps (using tools such as Visio)