Role Title: Senior Business Analyst
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £360 - £440 PAYE / £461 - £564.61
Risk & Compliance Transformation (CT) ensures effective and efficient definition, planning, management, and execution of global change programmes related to financial crime risk, supporting the business teams and HSBC to meet its regulatory commitments and covers key areas such as money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption
Global Transformation Senior Business Analysts shape and lead initiation activities and operating model definition and are at the centre of how Global Transformation delivers and embeds change working with our delivery partners. Primarily, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for managing and executing the analysis activity within one or more of the priority programmes. They will lead multi skilled teams responsible for the Requirements Management, Design, Change Management, and Implementation Management activities during project delivery. Senior Business Analysts often act as experts across multiple projects and programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their approach to Requirements Management and other analysis activity.
Senior Business Analyst’s will also oversee Change Management activities spanning from early change planning and audience analysis; through to designing and delivering change interventions (e.g., communications, training, support, organisation alignment); and tracking and taking actions on change readiness, adoption, and feedback. They are also ultimately responsible for Implementation Management, including planning, controlling, and reporting on implementation of the change ‘product’, focusing on accelerating benefits and minimising risk during deployment. Implementation activities will also include managing implementation readiness and managing the early stages of implementation (e.g., pilot).
Senior Business Analysts will often play a people / team management role within the projects / programmes they work on. As members of the Global Transformation management team, they will also have line or assignment management responsibility for a group of more junior resources within their resource pool (as related to their job family).
Alongside project delivery responsibilities, the Senior Business Analyst will be a member of the Global Transformation management team and may have responsibility for a pool of Business Analysts being accountable for people management, performance management, resource management and professional development. They work closely with the Project Management Office Delivery directors and Practice Head to ensure analyst resources are utilised effectively and resource supply meets upcoming project demand.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· Expert knowledge of Global Transformation Change Frameworks, Agile methodologies, and best practice techniques
· Experience in Business transformation/Software Development from a business experience perspective
· Experience with systems transformation from an operation point of view
· A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture, and fundamentals of Global Transformation
· Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes, and objectives
· Very strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
· Re-engineering knowledge
· Advanced Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
· Advanced Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
· Proven track record as an outstanding analyst or consultant
· Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
· Extensive experience of using multiple analysis techniques in a change environment, with a mix of business, Operations and technology focused projects
· Experience of business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
· Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments (branch, contact centre, trading floor, operations, head office etc).
· Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
· Excellent decision making and problem-solving ability
· Advanced judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
· Experience of managing large teams and resources located remotely
· Ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
· Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
· Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and sponsors