Job title – Risk & Compliance Transformation Project Manager.
Location – Edinburgh /Remote
Rate – Up to £385 PAYE or Umbrella £494
Start date – ASAP
Contract – 6 months
Our financial services client is currently seeking a Risk & Compliance Transformation Project Manager. to join their team in the Edinburgh office/remote working, this contract will initially be for 6months with an extension for the end of 2022, potentially leading to a permanent role.
Risk & Compliance Transformation (CT) ensures effective and efficient definition, planning, management, and execution of global change programmes related to financial crime risk, supporting the FCR business teams and the Bank to meet its regulatory commitments. Financial crime risk covers key areas such as money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption.
Global Transformation Project Managers plan, mobilise and direct projects of medium to high complexity and scale from definition to closure. They are typically responsible for the end-to-end delivery of a single project or workstream of a larger project or programme, proactively balancing scope, schedule, budget, risks, outcomes, and benefits. Projects can be standalone or form part of a programme. They are responsible for deploying the Change Framework and Agile methodologies within their project. They work closely with Programme Managers, Senior Project Managers and Global PMO to ensure alignment of their project with the wider change portfolio and the Group Strategy, Values and Behaviours.
Project Managers may support 'small changes' by providing oversight and guidance to multiple smaller initiatives within a priority market.
A strong risk focus and maintaining a robust control environment is essential.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• Excellent understanding of the project lifecycle
• Excellent understanding of Business Transformation Frameworks, Agile methodologies, and best practice
• Understanding of the purpose, value, culture, and fundamentals of Global Transformation
• Understanding of banking / HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers, and other stakeholders
• Project management skills and experience
• People manager and broad experience in managing teams of different work streams
• Examples of the delivery of on time and on budget projects that achieve business case stated outcomes –
• a driver with bias towards delivery at pace and controlling project outcomes
• In depth experience of working in a banking environment and change projects
• Stakeholder management experience, especially impactful communication, influencing and running project governance Implementation, change management and benefits realisation
• Implementation, change management and benefits realization
• Planning and Plan Management
• Risk and Issues Management
• Global Mindset
• Decision Making
• Lead Self and Others
• Business Case and Benefits Realisation
• Change and Implementation Management
• Financial and Budget Management
• Tracking, Reporting and Governance
• Stakeholder Management
• Resource and Team Management
• Delivery at Pace
• Achieving excellence
Qualifications and Accreditations
• PMP certification or training
• Prince2 - Optional
• Any relevant local banking qualifications such as ACIB (Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers) - Optional
If you are relevant or interested, please contact me at Krutika.Patel@jeffersonwells.co.uk