Strategic Sourcing Manager.
Location - Remote (Need to travel to Birmingham or Sheffield office 1-2 days a month)
Daily rate - £467/day PAYE to £599/day Umbrella
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 6 Months+
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will execute Sourcing projects to deliver defined country annual savings targets. These projects will deliver competitive advantage for the HSBC business through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation.
The projects will be delivered globally or locally in accordance with the Category Strategies and Commodity plans and will leverage the full range of supply and demand-side levers. In depth sourcing knowledge will be applied in the execution of these plans across all category areas whilst ensuring the risks associated with the purchase of goods and services are mitigated commercially, contractually and operationally.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for the execution of eSourcing and for delivering incremental value to the business through eAuctions.
It is expected that post contact value opportunities will be identified and delivered through working with business supplier managers and the local supply base making sure that these opportunities align with Category Strategies at all times.
The role will likely work across a variety of categories so will need to demonstrate a broad range of category knowledge and be able to work dynamically and flexibly with a broad range of SMEs.
The role will work with a variety of stakeholders and business partners requiring proactive engagement and fostering of existing and new relationships.
- The Strategic Sourcing Manager will drive the right business outcomes with advanced subject matter expertise during the execution of projects and will support the local business in ensuring that the outputs of sourcing projects are embedded in the business to drive value through the contract lifecycle.
- Although not responsible for Category Strategies and Commodity plans, the Strategic Sourcing Manager will work with the Category Managers/Sourcing Execution Managers in monitoring local market conditions and will work with Category Management regarding emerging opportunities or changes.
- Ensure maximum contractual protection for the business, taking into account the Procurement Handbook requirements and local regulatory issues.
- With Operations implement the appropriate buying channel and with Supplier Risk Management (SRM), the appropriate supplier management approach for all projects assigned.
- The role will ensure that businesses have operational accountability for contracts after signature and work with SRM team to drive appropriate deployment of the supplier relationship management framework.
- Provide robust reports on progress against targets, PSL and buying channel compliance.
- In the execution of sourcing projects, instill a responsive but strategic service and delivery culture, which makes business stakeholders value Procurement.
- Lead the application of a range of sourcing approaches, including the use of eSourcing, to deliver the most appropriate business outcomes
- Influence the business and act as pathfinder for business (including Legal) and supply market relationships.
- Support Category Management as required in the development and review of robust, forward-looking category plans based on business and product needs, supply market dynamics, and technological changes in marketplace.
- Foster and build relationships with key stakeholders and business partners as relevant to role.
- Ensure all requested services and products are delivered according to specification.
- Exceed business partner satisfaction scores (NPS) of the services delivered by Procurement
- Demonstrate importance of advanced subject matter expertise through example.
- Market and communicate appropriate category guidelines in to the business.
- Act as an agent of change for the Procurement Transformation and beyond into future change initiatives.
- Drive embedding of best practices and compliance to all Source to Pay processes through personal performance.
- Maintain compliance with global FCC Policies/FIM and mitigate financial crime risk.
- Maximise improvements in the quality/cost ratio during the contract period.
- Proactively review all existing contracts by increasing the percentage of PSRs raised prior to contract expiry.
- Achieve or exceed agreed savings target for each sourcing project.
- Lead negotiation and agreement of terms and conditions for all projects.
- Manage all initiatives to a robust plan in alignment with business/process milestones.
- Understand complex business problems, apply advanced analytical thinking / market knowledge and drive the most appropriate business outcome.
- Ensure project data (savings, pipeline, milestones, risks, and issues and all other appropriate data sources) is accurate and reflective of reality.
- Ensure quality of content and compliance with relevant sourcing governance forums (challenge boards, fortnightly status meetings)
- Use best effort to ensure that non-strategic work is executed in the correct part of the organisation.
- Drive the usage of e-Procurement tools and manage an interface with offshore support teams.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience of working in a complex regulatory controlled environment
- Experience of working across global projects
- Evidence of delivering savings and multiple projects in the sourcing space
- Experience of working across a number of procurement categories (generalist experience)
- Strong IT/Tech sourcing background - advantage
- Banking/Financial Services experience - advantage