Senior Fund Administrator – Accounting & Valuations.
Location: Remote working (Potential for Hybrid working in near future, office location will be at Edinburgh)
Pay rate: £150/Day PAYE 0r 192/Day Umbrella
Duration: 6 Months
To support the Manager in the delivery of Investment Administration services within Accounting & Valuations, in particular NAV production to assigned clients within agreed quality, timing and output targets.
- Complete understanding of valuations and fund pricing processes, the ability to independently resolve any issue and complete in line with KPI’s
- Complete understanding of accruals, specific journals and creation/cancellation process and the ability to independently resolve any issues
- Complete understanding of daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements (including Fund Manager Recs, I&B powers, Dilution Levy, TER’s, Notional Dealings charges, Yields etc.) and ensure that they are reported in line with KPI’s.
- Complete understanding of compliance/regulatory requirements
- First line liaison with Centre's of Excellence with review and release responsibilities for NAV and accrual processing.
- Ability to deputise on a freestanding basis for GCB5 Manager within OR&C governance guidelines
- Ability to effectively support and develop lower grade administrators through on the job training
- Participate in the culture of ongoing process enhancements and reviews
- Effectively communicate with Account Management and Implementation surrounding client, business as usual and projects.
- Complete understanding of the reports required by Statutory Reporting and undertakes final stage sign off
- Reviews and signs off training and procedure notes in line with current practices.
- Completed the review of breach and error reporting procedures and reworking to confirm financial impact of errors.
Fund Services provides Investment Administration and Performance Consultancy services to Investment Managers and Pension Funds worldwide, including potential services to other parts of the HSBC Group. Fund Services intends to set new quality standards in a competitive environment, to help attract and retain a blue-chip client base.
Our clients operate in a highly regulated environment and it is of paramount importance that all internal controls and standard procedures are complied with at all times. Failure to comply could lead to financial penalties and damage to the Bank’s reputation in the marketplace.
The role involves contact with client's’ staff and other external parties such as auditors and trustees and all such communication must be conducted in a client friendly manner to project a professional image in the market place
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- In depth knowledge & extensive industry experience within Accounting & Valuations including NAV production.
- Extensive valuation knowledge of varying investment vehicle types including but not limited to OEICs, Unit Trusts, Investment Trusts and Sicavs.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to second level check the work of team members.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and clients at senior management level.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Ability to plan and organise workload to meet deadlines, taking into account relative priorities.
- Ability to identify and initiate process improvements.
- Ability to monitor performance against objectives, through the development of MI and taking corrective action.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Proven ability to work independently and to motivate and influence others.