PPM Portfolio Financial Accountant.
The primary goal of ITID PPM Financial Management is to ensure the effective cost management across a large, complex change portfolio within ITID. The role is located within the central PPM Practice function in ITID Portfolio and Programme Management.
The PPM Portfolio Financial Accountant will report into the Global Portfolio Finance Manager and will support the ITID Change Portfolio working across a wide range of programmes in the management and analysis of data, process and governance pertaining to financials.
- Good stakeholder management skills, working with the portfolio leads to understand the business.
- Drive delivery and quality of financial management, across regions and entities of responsibility to meet set timelines.
- Support the monthly reforecasting cycle, acting as an SME to portfolios and provide advice and guidance as needed.
- Compile reports and provide first line commentary and analysis of variances and drivers.
- Actively seek to minmise variances across the portfolio and drive accurate forecasting by regular communication with portfolio and project leads.
- Ensure that all periodic (e.g. monthly, quarterly, annual) reporting for the team meets set deadlines.
- Support the implementation of changes in financial processes and controls
- Influence key financial stakeholders to drive efficiencies and effective utilisation of funds across regions and entities.
- Support the annual budgeting process as required
- Support portfolio and global governance forums in its effective resource management and utilisation
- Lead and participate in financial governance groups and collaborate with stakeholders on finanical planning and resource risks, issues and opportunities
- Actively encourage collaboration across various stakeholders from a demand, resourcing and financial perspective.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA), qualified AAT or accounting education at degree level with full understanding of accounting policies, forecasting of Cash and P&L, capitalisation processes and accruals/prepayments.
- Be able to communicate finance in a simple manner to non-finance people.
- Proven experience of managing monthly forecasting of $50M+ in an IT department of a large, global corporation.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Knowledge of process improvement.
- Excellent understanding of common project management terms and concepts
- Self starter, dedicated and a team player.
- Organised and structured way of working.
- Ideally Banking experience.
- The role will be required to work UK hours.