Job Title: Loan Agency Associate
Location: London hybrid 2 days a week
Contract length: Till June 2023 with possible perm contract
Day Rate: up to £300PAYE
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Loan Agency Associate
The job holder will be responsible for carrying out a host of daily operational and oversight activities in relation to a book of syndicated loans in our role as Facility Agent. Including all operational processing, effective handling of process related queries and acting as an escalation point on operational aspects for our City Offices as well as for Global & Commercial Banking Relationship Mangers/ Client Service Managers / Finance and Origination Teams. To continuously provide high quality client service to achieve maximum customer satisfaction ensuring we place the client at the heart of everything we do which embraces our client centric culture.
Ensure effective and regular dialogue is in place with our operational teams in City Offices ensuring constant collaboration, sharing of updates and best practices to ensure consistency in performance.
Responsible for reviewing procedures and related MI with the ability to interpret the information so effective analysis can be performed. To maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of any internal and external audit points.
Key knowledge & Experience needed
- Hold a sound knowledge of Loan IQ & a good understanding of the Syndicated Loan product and market
- Strong communication skills to deal with internal and external clients both written and verbally
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work, to ensure transaction deadlines are achieved
- Pro-active problem solving attitude
- Experience of primary syndication and/or secondary trading is desired
- Able to deliver high accuracy and volume of work to excellent standards under pressure
- Experience across more complex loan’s books such and Commercial Real Estate, Leverage and Acquisition Finance, Export Credit Agency, Aircraft/Shipping and Project Finance desirable, but not critical.
- Strong understanding of operational risk
- Client focused, with a proven record of commitment to excellent customer service.
- Review of the documentation from an operational perspective
- Manage Deal and Facility setup in Loan IQ
- Coordination with the Client Service and Transaction Manager on the operational aspects of the closing process (initial drawdown / fees, conditions precedent etc)
- Coordination with operational City Sites for static data set up including SSI’s and Call Back.
- Coordination with City Site ops team to ensure key static has been set up in a timely manner.
- Perform Quality Assurance function on new deal set up and amendments.
- Review of the documentation from an operational perspective.
- Set up Deal in Loan IQ for new transactions and complex amendments based on the facility agreement.
- Co-ordinate and process Leverage / Par trading with syndications and trade queries / settlements
- Checking secondary Loan/Claim documents and settlement of trades.
- Managing & maintaining Ancillary carves outs and movements.
- Prepare and manage drawdown, rollover, margin adjustment, repricing prepayments and
- repayments on complex transactions.
- Checking and Releasing Cash flows
- Reconciliations and Investigations
- Margin changes (Maintaining ratios, Covenants)
- Fee settlement & Billing (Commitment, Utilisation, SBLC, Waiver, Agency & Upfront)