Senior Business Analyst
Rate: £677.00 PAYE P/D or £869.49 Umbrella P/D
8CS / Hybrid working model
Duration – 30/06/2023 with the potential for extensions
HSBC are currently searching for an ambitious, analytical and organised Senior Business Analyst to join their Risk and Compliance Transformation. This is a unique opportunity to work at HSBC within their Risk and Compliance Transformation which offers support and rewards that will take you further within your career.
The role holder will work in Risk and Compliance Transformation (RCT) which manages the Change the Bank investment portfolio and associated transformation activity on behalf of and across the Risk and Compliance function globally. It is accountable for the global, cross functional change agenda, delivering mandatory/regulatory and strategic change programmes on behalf of Global Risk and Compliance, in partnership with regional teams and in support of business partner control needs. It designs, leads and delivers large scale, complex global change across multiple geographies and jurisdictions, impacting regions and business lines, including system, people and process changes, ensuring the change programmes adhere to the change standards laid out by HSBC and using mandated tools and methods.
- Identifies and analyses complex problems involving the wider team; generates feasible and creative solutions considering all aspects and consequences; leads brainstorming meetings to discuss and/or resolve problems
- Questions current state and facilitates stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement
- Uses understanding of the Group’s strategy, strengths, weaknesses and the external marketplace, to inform business decisions and create competitive advantage
- Understands different mind-sets and analyses options to develop implementable solutions
- Exhibits high energy, understands issues within team and galvanises others to achieve goals
- Gains a clear understanding of others’ point of view by listening, asking clarifying questions and reflecting back; encourages and facilitates open and honest debate with tact and integrity, even where sensitive issues are involved
- Articulates or translates complex information in clear, meaningful and structured way to suit audience
- Builds effective working relationships with analysis and design teams in our delivery partners and works well with external partners
- Anticipates and manages stakeholder expectations, fostering open and honest communication; resolves stakeholder conflict and represents the interests of other stakeholders
- Often acts as an expert across multiple projects or programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their requirements gathering, design, change or implementation approach. May conduct one off business research and analysis tasks related to programme or project scope.
- Knowledge and Experience:Expert knowledge on loss and recovery data to be captured across regions
- Replace legacy tools and process on a global scale
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Re-engineering knowledge
- Advanced Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
- Advanced Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
- Proven track record as an outstanding analyst or consultant
- Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
- Extensive experience of using multiple analysis techniques in a change environment
- Experience of business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
- Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments (branch, contact centre, trading floor, operations, head office etc).
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving ability
- Advanced judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
- Experience of managing large teams and resources located remotely
- Ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and sponsors
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Either apply direct! Or please contact me on Mohammed.Wasim@tafin.co.uk or on 0161 546 6297.