FRTB Regulatory SME HSBCJP00044325
12 Month Contract – Possible extensions
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced FRTB Regulatory SME to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will be for 12 months with a review to be extended.
· This role forms part of the Financial and Model Risk Regulatory Policy and Engagement team. The jobholder is expected to work closely with the FRTB regulatory lead and provide support on the various initiative related to the FRTB regulatory book of work, including regulatory policy interpretations, response to consultations as well as SA and IMA applications.
· The individual will be assisting the team on the preparation of the various regulatory approval packs and documentation and will also be assisting the team on the various upstream regulatory developments to communicate policy guidance to stakeholders. This will consist of coordinating consultation responses either on behalf of HSBC directly or via industry bodies.
Impact on Business
· Provide guidance and opine on regulatory policy.
· Preparation of consultation responses and, where relevant, submissions to regulators.
· Drafting policy interpretations and opinions.
· Prepare regulatory submissions to the regulator.
Customers / Stakeholders
· Global and regional Market Risk Functions, Traded Risk Senior management team, GRA Regional Heads and regional Policy leads.
· Finance – Group Regulatory Policy and Regulatory Reporting teams.
· Regulatory bodies – in particular the Prudential Regulatory Authority supervisory and modelling teams.
Leadership & Teamwork
· Work together with business experts from the Traded Risk teams and stakeholders to develop appropriate regulatory opinions and policy solutions.
· Provide leadership to regions on providing regulatory guidance and policy opinions, including clear communication of the latest external regulatory developments to stakeholders from Front Office, MSS, etc.
· The role holder will be expected to work with regional policy leads and Group Traded Risk teams to develop and communicate solutions to address rule changes or answers to specific policy questions and/or regulatory requirements.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Develop consistent policy standards across regional sites.
· Provide questions and feedback to global Traded Risk teams relating to policy, standards and documentation.
· Ensure consistent and accurate regulatory submissions.
· Policy within Traded Risk is fast-developing owing to significant global regulatory change from Basel 2, 2.5, 3, CRR/CRD4, CRR2/CRDV and CRR3. The jobholder needs to be able to work in an environment of regulatory ambiguity with autonomy whilst being able to provide judgment and clear direction.
The jobholder will need to work closely with Markets Security Services to communicate regulatory developments and assist with ensuring that regulatory requirements are met.
· Financial and Model Risk Regulatory Policy and Engagement team is responsible for the provision of guidance on regulatory risk matters, regulatory policy interpretation and industry engagement. The team covers Wholesale Risk, Market Risk, Treasury Risk Management, Pensions, Global Risk Analytics and Model Risk Management. The role is located in Global Risk Analytics, Capital, Liquidity and Finance Risk and has a global reach. The jobholder is required to provide regulatory analysis and advice to be implemented across the Group and will be expected to work in a global team context.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
· The jobholder is responsible for internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
· The jobholder is expected to maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by regulators.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role – not the role holder)
· Educated to university degree level or equivalent and, and it would be desirable for them to hold a relevant professional qualification (FRM, CFA)
· Experience in general or wholesale banking including Commercial Banking, Global Banking & Markets or Wholesale Credit
· Good knowledge of the regulatory landscape particularly relating to the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book or previous experience in a Regulatory Capital policy function
· Relevant working experience in a bank, rating agency, consultancy or advisory firm would be considered
· Experience of dealing with regulators is preferable
· Some understanding of statistics and concepts of the risk modelling process would be advantageous
· Ability to lead, manage and successfully deliver within the agreed time scale, in liaison with all relevant stakeholders: model owners, business, finance, senior management and regulator
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Deliver high quality work within timelines
· Flexibility to work with colleagues and key stakeholders in an international team
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub:
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on Curtis.Sharpe@Tapfin.com