Job description Posted 12 January 2023
Rate: £22.00 PAYE P/D or £27.39 Umbrella P/D
Duration – 6-month contract
HSBC are currently searching for a person assistant to provide comprehensive assistant for their Bankers in the Global Banking.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities
- Represent the Banker, exercising confidentiality, discretion and personal sensitivity in all aspects of the role, exercising judgement
- Own and manage multiple complex diaries, using initiative to resolve conflicts and anticipating the banker’s requirements, ensuring efficient scheduling of meetings, co-ordinating with all relevant parties to ensure best possible use of time
- Anticipate, coordinate and manage complex international travel and meeting schedules and prepare itineraries
- Timely reconciliation and submission of all travel and expenses
- Manage and maintain key communication networks, building excellent rapport within team and maintaining effective relationships showing discretion as required
- Maintenance of client information on HSBC systems
- Project manage and organise large events/conferences as appropriate to the role
- Provide cover as appropriate, working collaboratively with other team members, ensuring phone line(s) are manned at all times.
- Consistently demonstrate a willingness to own/tackle problems as they arise and ability to identify issues for upward referral
- Ensure own, and enable bankers, timely compliance with HSBC policies, procedures and protocols, including performance review process
- Operate within policy and seek to use the most cost effective solutions, eg travel/expenses requests are within policy and budget, encourage greater use of video conferencing as an alternative to travel, managing room bookings (no shows) etc
- Role model and ambassador for desirable secretarial behaviours and competencies, providing cover for others in the team as requested
- Support on technology eg for presentations, video conferencing etc
- Filing archiving and destruction
- Ad hoc duties as required by the business
Skillset / Knowledge & Experience Required
- Previously undertaken expenses and travel arrangements in a previous role for a minimum of 2 years
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills, regularly act on own initiative, highlighting issues and suggesting possible solutions
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion and personal sensitivity in all aspects of the role
- Experience in dealing with people
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Timely escalation of issues
- Proactive with good organisational skills and forward planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Project professionalism at all times being resilient under pressure
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Either apply direct! Or please contact me on Mohammed.Wasim@tapfin.com or please do not hesitate to contact me on 0161 546 6297.