Job description Posted 11 January 2023
Location: Edinburgh (Hybrid)
Rate: £165 Per Day PAYE
Duration: 5 Months
To assist in the co-ordination of booklet production including:
- collating information for inclusion in annual and interim financial reporting (excel accounts, investment commentary, trustee reports, audit reports etc)
- proof reading and checking all figures in the first draft report once it has been received from the typesetter
- Liaise with internal and external parties and collect proof changes from each and co-ordinate responses to queries. Ensure all required amendments are made to the report and all sign offs collected prior to board approval and FCA admission.
- To assist in the production and review of monthly reporting (white label).
- Assisting with general housekeeping.
The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything we do, both individually and as an
Organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
- Dependable and do the right thing
- Open to different ideas and cultures
- Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other.
To co-ordinate the data required for booklet production by collating and checking data for draft SORP Report & Accounts ensuring all proofing comments are communicated to typesetters and are correctly applied to the final draft.
Communicate and liaise closely with Client, Trustee, Depositary, External Auditors, Fund Managers and Marketing Departments to ensure annual audits of funds are carried out as efficiently as possible and comply with current accounting standards.
Deliver the highest possible level of service to all customers both internal and external and to ensure all procedures are kept up to date and reflect current regulatory requirements.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualification
- Experience within fund services
- Basic accounts knowledge would be useful but not essential
- Good basic knowledge of Excel, Word and Adobe/Kofax required
- Attention to detail is key to the role
- Good organisational and personal time management skills are essential
- Ability to work to specific deadlines
- Good communication skills are essential as the role requires contact with internal and external parties
- Ability to work well both individually and within the team
Management of Risk
Responsible for the continual assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring and the impact of new technology.
Demonstrates compliance with HSBC Bank plc Group standards, manuals and policies and adheres to the defined work practices, internal controls and risk management standards associated with the role.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business activities associated with the role, specifically HSBC Bank plc internal controls and compliance policies and manuals.