Valuations Manager HSBCJP00044203
£550.00 Per Day PAYE / £706.38 Per Day Umbrella
6 months Contract
HSBC are currently searching for a Valuations Manager to join the team within the Global Valuations and Analytics Group in London. If successful, you would be responsible for managing a set of diverse and important processes and methodologies aligned to the global Structured Rates businesses. This is an important role within one of the most complex businesses within the Bank, with a wide set of senior stakeholders across the firm and global locations.
You would be responsible for balancing independent working, and appropriate escalation to global rates valuations management. You would independently drive conversations on valuation with key stakeholders across the Front Office, Risk, Quants and within Valuations and Analytics.
- Responsible for the production of:
- IPV, FVA and Prudent Valuation (PVA) balances
- Methodologies and documentation.
- Monitoring model restrictions and recommendations
- Levelling returns.
- Engagement with Europe Rates core Product Control to ensure that the valuation conclusions are accurately reflected in the books and that the communication with the business is seamless and consistent.
- Ensure that the governance and controls of fair value is adhered to. Prepare for and contribute to the valuation committees that opine on fair value for the business areas concerned.
- Drive the methodology and implementation of FVAs, IPV and PVA changes, keep abreast of industry information around this important asset class, engage the business on all matters regarding valuations and be a key contact for internal and external audit.
- Ensure Valuation FIM requirements and other applicable accounting / regulatory standards are met. Liaise with Internal/External audit and regulators where necessary.
- Work to ensure consistency in policies/standards across sites/teams and implement strategies to improve consistency where it is not already in place.
- Identify, communicate, and drive resolution of issues, whether people, process or system.
- Maintain focus on process optimization and identify opportunities to enhance cost efficiency where possible (e.g. automation, outsourcing, centralization etc).
- Drive standardization and streamlining of processes
- Experience:Demonstrable track record in top-tier global bank.
- Detailed knowledge of Product Control Valuations processes and proven experience of managing Product Control, Valuations or Financial Process based activities.
- Market derivative knowledge in Rates asset class. Other asset class experience highly beneficial
- Experience of Rates Models and Derivatives Valuation Framework
- Experience of developing methodology and shaping policy for IPV / FVAs is a distinct advantage.
- Good understanding of accounting requirements for Valuation activity in Global Markets.
- Good understanding and appreciation of Regulatory requirements and guidelines for Valuation activity.
- Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments.
- Experience of interacting with stakeholder groups (Business, Risk, Internal and External Audit).
- Skills:Strong Analytical background.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership ability.
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of seniority through collaboration and influencing skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to articulate key valuation issues to Senior Stakeholders in a non-technical manner.
If you are interested, please do not hesitate to reach out, either apply direct or reach out at Curtis.Sharpe@tapfin.com