Senior Project Manager HSBCJP00044201
Up to £650 PAYE / £834.81 Umbrella per day
6 Month Contract – Likely Extensions
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will be for 6 months with a review to be extended.
The Traded Risk (TR) transformation team is responsible for the successful implementation of strategic applications as well as BAU project activities to ensure the highest level of data quality and integrity for Risk Management and to comply with Regulatory commitments.
The role holder will primarily act as a Senior Project Manager in the RREP Programme.
Impact on the Business
• Help TR deliver RREP regulatory commitments
• Help drive the TR RREP budgeting, hiring & planning procedures
• Represent Traded Risk in multiple senior management forums
Customers / Stakeholders
Deliver effective systems in close co-operation with the following stakeholders;
• Market Risk Management
• Traded Credit Risk Management
• Regulatory & Risk Analytics (GRA)
• Traded Risk Control
• Global Wholesale Credit & Market Risk
• Group Risk Technology
• Front Office IT
Leadership & Teamwork
• Function as key escalation point to other TR project managers (PM)
• Support global & regional PMs and business analysts (BAs) with planning, architecture designs and resourcing to assure all teams have the appropriate assets to ensure success related to their end to end deliveries.
• Work effectively within the team on cross component projects.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
Be cognizant of the need of a strong control environment and ensuring process improvements are being prioritized
• Control process is in line with internal and external regulation (PRA, SOx, KPMG, etc.)
• Fragmented environment with large number of source and legacy systems
• Constantly changing regulatory environment
• Local specifics and (legal) restrictions
• Dependencies on Front Office IT priorities
• The role is based in London, working closely with Risk PMs, Bas, Risk Managers and Risk Controllers to ensure smooth delivery of complex projects and workstreams
• Changes to Risk systems are governed by external regulators, which require the project manager to ensure communication channels are open and available between the Risk Managers and the Regulatory & Risk Analytics teams
• Responsible to ensure the wider change delivery team is kept abreast of changes in the region and are being engaged in the improvement process
Management of Risk
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with entity management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
Interacting with multiple departments, divisions in both TR and Finance and multiple system and component owners on a day-to-day basis.
ESSENTIAL TECHINCAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Detailed knowledge on trading business & products, risk methodology and regulatory framework. Specific expertise in all Asset class product types, Counterparty risks, Market risks, Cross-Risks, trade characteristics and hedging strategies
• High degree of understanding of Traded Risk (Market or Counterparty Risk) terminology and concepts – exposure calculation approaches, Traded Risk Internal Controls framework, Basel II & III
• Capable of exposure regression analysis and explaining differences between production exposure and target system generated exposure, through breakdown of variables
• University graduate in Finance, computer science or numerated related disciplines
• Experience in documenting requirements, validating functional specifications, drafting testing approach plans and user acceptance test cases
• Able to understand and document processes using data flow diagrams
• Experience in risk system development cycles and working with Risk Technology departments.
• Strong ability to understand and use complex systems and take a logical and constructive approach to investigating and communicating system problems
• Understanding of how projects are delivered, including project lifecycle
• High level of expertise in Excel & Access (VBA level), SQL, PowerPoint, Visio
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE
• Experience in working with the following departments in a large financial organisation; Risk Management, Product Control
• Database design/knowledge
• Leadership and team playing skills
• Attention to detail and a methodical & structured approach
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong time management skills
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub:
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on Curtis.Sharpe@Tapfin.com