Job description Posted 19 December 2022
£625.00 PAYE / £802.70 Umbrella
London (remote option)
6 Month Contract (potential extensions)
HSBC are currently searching for an experience Project Manager to join their team as part of the Model Risk Management Programme. Within this position, you would be responsible for shaping, managing and executing activity within one or more of the Model Risk priority projects. You would also be responsible for deploying change frameworks within their projects and instilling good project disciplines within their project and across risk / the HSBC Group. This role is responsible for looking after a new workstream where controls are required to be set up, this is following on from s166 audit.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Influence and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders across HSBC.
- Ensure Model Risk initiatives are developed and implemented in line with the Model Risk Management Transformation Programme.
- Communicate confidently with senior stakeholders, taking a lead in working groups and other meetings.
- Deliver challenging and complex objectives, deliverables and tasks on time and the required quality.
- Be accountable for the integrity and accuracy of delivered results.
- Prioritise planned projects and tasks, whilst effectively managing and challenging requests for unplanned work.
- Identify solutions to emerging risk issues, changing priorities, project completion issues and areas of conflict.
- Draw, formulate and communicate conclusions, recommending further actions, where required.
- Work with UK auditors to ensure controls are established
- Excellent understanding of Global Transformation Business Transformation Frameworks, methodologies, and best practice techniques
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture, and fundamentals of the Global Transformation
- Strong understanding of banking and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers, and other stakeholders
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Demonstration of commerciality with strong financial acumen
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and business sponsors
- Evidence of ability to make key strategic decisions
- Delivery of large-scale complex programmes at pace, developing high performing interchanging teams to support delivery at each stage
- Strong people and team management experience
- Proven implementation, change management and benefits realisation experience
If you are interested in this position, please do not hesitate to apply! Either apply direct or reach out at Curtis.Sharpe@tapfin.co.uk