Rate: £19.65 P/H PAYE or £24.47 P/H Umbrella
Duration – 6 months
If you are looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. They are seeking an experienced individual as a Fund Administrator.
To support the Manager in the delivery of Investment Administration services within Accounting & Valuations, in particular NAV production to assigned clients within agreed quality, timing and output targets.
- Key AccountabilitiesBroad understanding of valuations and fund pricing process, the ability to resolve any issues on a freestanding basis in line with KPI’s
- Broad understanding of accruals, specific journals and creation/cancellation process and the ability to resolve any issues on a freestanding basis
- Broad understanding of daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements and be able to report in line with KPI’s on a freestanding basis
- Broad understanding of compliance/regulatory requirements
- Broad understanding of the role of A &V, the operational areas which feed into A&V and the downstream departments which use the data provided by A&V and be able to effectively communicate on a freestanding basis with the peer groups from these areas.
- Understands and applies breach and error reporting procedures and reworks to assess financial impact of errors
- Understanding of international accounting standards relating to effective yields
- Produces and updates training and procedure notes in line with current practices
- Assist and support Centre of Excellence team members on transitioned tasks/clients
Fund Services provides Investment Administration and Performance Consultancy services to Investment Managers and Pension Funds worldwide, including potential services to other parts of the HSBC Group. Fund Services intends to set new quality standards in a competitive environment, to help attract and retain a blue-chip client base.
Our clients operate in a highly regulated environment and it is of paramount importance that all internal controls and standard procedures are complied with at all times. Failure to comply could lead to financial penalties and damage to the Bank’s reputation in the marketplace.
The role involves contact with client's’ staff and other external parties such as auditors and trustees and all such communication must be conducted in a client friendly manner to project a professional image in the market place.
- Knowledge and ExperienceKnowledge & industry experience within Accounting & Valuations including NAV production
- Broad valuation knowledge of varying investment vehicle types including but not limited to OEICs, Unit Trusts, Investment Trusts and SICAV’s
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Ability to plan and organise workload to meet deadlines, taking into account relative priorities
- Ability to identify and initiate process improvements
- Ability to monitor performance against objectives, through the development of MI and taking corrective action
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as work flows dictate
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Either apply direct! Or please contact me on Curtis.Sharpe@tapfin.com.