Posted 18 November 2022
Sanctions Advisory Manager
£500.00 p/d PAYE / £649.17 p/d Umbrella
Hybrid / Birmingham (1 day per week)
6 month contract
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Sanctions Advisory Manager
Role Purpose / Day to Day:
· Manager responsible for Sanctions in relation to the HBUK lines of business.
· Support the UK Head of Sanctions Advisory by acting as a subject-matter expert (SME) on Sanctions legislation, regulation and compliance.
· Enable the team to make risk based decisions on sanctions referrals from 1st and 2nd line sources across the lines of business (see Customer Segment above)
· SME on sanctions risk management and compliance with sanctions regimes imposed by the UK, European Union (EU), United Nations (UN), HKMA and USA, and HSBC Group sanctions policy.
· Provide leadership guidance and support to the team so as to optimize productivity and the effective management of risk to HSBC.
· Responsible for production of required sanctions reports such as quality assurance, management information and process reviews.
· Produce high-level recurring and ad-hoc papers and reports to support the Group’s regulatory reporting requirements with the external and internal stakeholders.
· Ensure reports are consistent, accurate and meet the requirements established by the regulators.
· Analyse information, identify and track issues, and determine/address themes arising from regulators, the Monitor and the Compliance exception reporting processes.
· Maintain regular contact with all Compliance and LoB functions to ensure that the necessary exchange of information on regulatory reporting matters is effective.
· Deliver expert analysis and identify / extrapolate specific and necessary information that needs to be reported to senior executives.
· Identify and ensure remedial action from relevant findings including policy changes and executive training.
Experience / Skills
- Deep understanding of UK/EU/UN/US sanctions essential
- Sanctions experience essential, preferably gained within HSBC or one of its peers
- Good understanding of business activities for a large global banking group with diverse operations from retail banking, wealth management, commercial banking, global banking, investments, transaction services, asset management, private banking and insurance
- Good understanding of the FCA rules (e.g. Systems and Controls) and all other relevant legislation and guidance, particularly in relation to the activities of the business lines supported
- Proven analytical skills, together with the ability to support decisions with sound reasoning
- Proven ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings both to Compliance Colleagues and Business Heads
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight time-lines
If you think you are up for the task and feel you meet the above criteria or interested to hear more information, please contact me on Amy.firstname.lastname@example.org