HSBC – HSBCJP00043774
Regulatory Policy Expert
Rate: £522.50 PAYE P/D or £678.38 Umbrella P/D
Remote / London / Sheffield / Birmingham / Chester
Duration – December 2023
HSBC are currently searching for an ambitious, analytical and organised Regulatory Policy Expert to join their Regulatory Policy Interpretations. This is a unique opportunity to work at HSBC within their Regulatory Policy Interpretations which offers support and rewards that will take you further within your career.
An outstanding opportunity to join us in this role where you will be responsible for:
- Business value and benefits delivery as a Policy Expert working on the Regulatory Policy Interpretations stream.
- Extensive interactions with Risk, Business and Group Regulatory Policy would be required to ensure regulatory requirements and downstream impacts on business and regulatory capital models are understood.
- Documenting of policy and interpretations of regulatory requirements, both existing and new requirements driven by Basel 3 Reforms
- Documenting and overseeing implementation of other regulatory related policies to ensure WPB Risk comply with all regulatory expectations
- Designing and overseeing implementation of enhanced controls to ensure Risk teams across multiple regionals comply with relevant policies
Core expertise includes Capital Regulatory Requirements (CRR) & Basel 3 Reforms knowledge and executing and delivering complex solutions for the stakeholders.
Knowledge and Experience:
The candidate should have both a strong theoretical understanding and extensive practical experience and should be able to demonstrate that expertise with concrete examples.
- Proven experience in a Regulatory environment and expertise in Basel 3 Reforms, Capital Requirement Regulation (CRR), regulatory knowledge and executing and delivering complex solutions for the stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a modelling environment, preferably Advanced-IRB models for Retail exposures
- Knowledge of RWA and EAD regulatory calculation and reporting requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services in a Retail context, and credit risk concepts associated with retail banking products and services
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills for direct faceoff with Senior business partners and multiple stakeholders across multiple areas of the Bank
- Excellent Microsoft PowerPoint and presentation skills, Excel and Word
- Proven experience of leading global initiatives and coordinating activities across multiple geographies
- Proven experience of discussing complex analytical subjects with non-technical internal and external counterparts
- Analytical person with a positive personality, outstanding communication and problem solving skills to coordinate with business partners of different backgrounds
- Demonstrate initiative - a self-starter who accepts challenges with strong sense of ownership and accountability requiring minimal direction
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of management in a clear, concise manner
- Outstanding attention to detail and dedication to maintain a strong control environment and ability to seek for potential improvements
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Either apply direct! Or please do not hesitate to contact me on 0161 546 6297 or alternatively please email me on Mohammed.Wasim@tapfin.com