Job Title: - Project Manager
Duration: - 12 Months / Potential Extension
Location: - London, Canada Square
Rate Card: - £770 PAYE (£862.94 Umbrella) / Inside IR35
The Traded Risk transformation team is responsible for the successful implementation of strategic applications as well as BAU project activities to ensure the highest level of data quality and integrity for Risk Management and to comply with Regulatory commitments.
The role holder will primarily act as a lead across the FRTB planning and execution agenda for TR.
- Support the planning and implementation of FRTB agenda for TR
- Efficiency improvement of existing fragmented and manual systems
- Global consistency and improved control framework
Typical Targets and Measures:
- Meeting internal and external target dates
- Improvement of process efficiency and internal control systems
- Reduce manual workload in Risk Control
Customers / Stakeholders
Deliver effective systems in close co-operation with the following stakeholders;
- Market Risk Management
- Traded Credit Risk Management
- Front Office Desks across all asset classes
- Regulatory & Risk Analytics (GRA)
- Independent model review (IMR)
- Traded Risk Control
- Global Wholesale Credit & Market Risk
- Group Risk Technology
- Building solid relationships with stakeholder groups through meeting behavioural best practices
- Proactive engagement through open dialogue and transparency on processes and controls
- Addressing key hot topics as and when they arise
Leadership & Teamwork:
- Delivery of transformation projects
- Liaise with global/other regional BAs and project managers to leverage knowledge and ensure successful transformation implementation
- Work effectively within the team on cross component projects.
- Lead, provide support, communicate effectively and maintain a productive working relationship within internal (regional change delivery) and external (global change delivery) teams.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
Be cognizant of the need of a strong control environment and ensuring process improvements are being prioritized
- Control process is in line with internal and external regulation (PRA, SOx, KPMG, etc.)
- Delivery of process changes and developments in line with agreed projects plans.
- Delivery of regulatory implementations in line with agreed timeframe and targets.
- The role is based in London, working closely with Risk Managers and Risk Controllers to ensure smooth delivery of complex projects and workstreams
- Changes to Risk systems are governed by external regulators, which require the project manager to ensure communication channels are open and available between the Risk Managers and the Regulatory & Risk Analytics teams
- Responsible to ensure the wider change delivery team is kept abreast of changes in the region and are being engaged in the improvement process
Management of Risk
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
Also, by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with entity management and/or the appropriate.
Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Interacting with multiple systems on a day-to-day basis with multi-million trade volumes, supported End-to-End