Role – Traded Risk Business Analyst
Rate – £600 PAYE / £779 Umbrella Per Day
Location – London, Canada Square, Hybrid 2 days a week
Duration – 12 month contract from January 2023
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Traded Risk Business Analyst
Act as a Business Analyst in the Financial Risk Transformation team. The team is responsible for the successful implementation of strategic applications as well as BAU project activities to ensure the highest level of data quality and integrity for Risk Management and to comply with Regulatory commitments. Market and Counterparty Credit Risk Business Analysis.
Changes to Risk systems are governed by external regulators, which require the project manager to ensure communication channels are open and available between the Risk Managers and the Regulatory & Risk Analytics teams. You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the wider change delivery team is kept abreast of changes in the region and are being engaged in the improvement process
- Reassessing the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- Support implementation of Transformation agenda including upcoming PRA/ECB regulatory commitments across London, Paris, Germany, MENA and other sites
- Efficiency improvement of existing fragmented and manual systems
- Global consistency and improved control framework
- Improvement of process efficiency and internal control systems
- Reduce manual workload in Risk Control
Knowledge and Experience:
- Market risk experience (Value at risk) VAR, middle office experience or in transformation.
- Experience with FRTB implementation SA, IMA, VAR, IRC, Regulatory capital change.
- Experience with working with RATES, FX, EQUITY, CREDIT, handling big volumes of data.
- Detailed knowledge on trading business & products, risk methodology and regulatory framework. Specifically, expertise in all Asset class product types, Counterparty risks, Market risks, Cross-Risks, trade characteristics and hedging strategies
- Capable of exposure regression analysis and explaining differences between production exposure and target system generated exposure, through breakdown of variables.
- Experience in documenting requirements, validating functional specifications, drafting testing approach plans and user acceptance test cases.
- Experience in risk system development cycles and working with Risk Technology departments.
- Understanding of how projects are delivered, including project lifecycle.
- University graduate in Finance, computer science or numerated related disciplines.
- High level of expertise in Excel & Access (VBA level), SQL, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Strong ability to understand and use complex systems and take a logical and constructive approach to investigating and communicating system problems.
- Able to understand and document processes using data flow diagrams.
- High degree of understanding of Traded Risk (Market or Counterpart Risk) terminology and concepts – exposure calculation approaches, Traded Risk Internal Controls framework, Basel II & III
If you are interested then please don’t delay, email max.stylianides@Tapfin.com/01615035532 & please add me on LinkedIn for future vacancies and projects.