Job Title: Senior Business Analyst – Liquidity Reporting Change - HSBCJP00043625
Location: London Canada Square / Hybrid
Rate: £550 Per Day Via PAYE / £714.08 Per Day Via Umbrella / Inside IR35
LOA: 6 Months
Finance has mobilised the first phase of a five-year programme to transform the Finance operating model by leveraging cloud technology. Finance Cloud Transformation will rationalise operational processes, automate data and report production, to deliver comprehensive data to our internal and external stakeholders for analysis and reporting. The programme will entail migration of core Finance data and processes to the cloud, with an initial phase to implement a standard global operating process for Finance actuals report production, followed closely by forecast data and report production.
The Finance on the Cloud Analyst contributes to Global Finance, supporting change design and delivery. The role holder will support more experienced business analysts to undertake quantitative and qualitative analysis in order to elicit clear requirements from the business and translate these effectively throughout the project lifecycle. The Finance on the Cloud Analyst will work closely with other team members and may support interaction with stakeholders from Finance, HOST, Risk and the business.
The Finance on the Cloud Business Analyst will:
- Apply some experience of approaches, tools and techniques for gathering, clarifying and managing business requirements.
- Support colleagues to define, develop and translate requirements at specific stages of the project lifecycle, developing an understanding of different types of requirements and how these translate into test conditions.
- Based on the requirements analysis & understanding, define the design options that will comply with FoTC design principles, contributing to building functionalities into Finance target architecture
- Execute functional and business testing of requirements – and support the users through the User Acceptance Testing phases
- Support implementation phases (e.g. dress rehearsals / parallel runs)
- Day to day running of requirement management systems, change control and document standards.
- Work in alignment with the Change Framework.
- Stakeholder management
- Invest in training more junior members of the team
Principal Accountabilities: Key Activities
· Work with business customers/ stakeholders, delivery teams (both within FotC and outside e.g. ServCo Finance and Business Support teams) and other impacted parties to ensure that in-scope issues are investigated, understood, a route to resolution identified and prioritized.
· Develop and maintain plans for resolution of each in-scope item – including identification of resources and management of them. In most cases, the plans for all items will need to run concurrently.
· Provide regular updates to stakeholders on progress to plan, building confidence in delivery.
· Raise risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions.
· Documentation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), training materials for each country deployment
· Run training sessions for all users on e2e billing solution within Finance on the Cloud
· Responsible for ensuring outputs and deliverables are to the required quality to support a robust assurance review.
· Manage delivery to agreed milestones.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Build effective working relationships within own team and with other colleagues.
- Manage, develop and sustain effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Line Management feedback
- Completion of activities and tracking of status during project lifecycle
- Feedback from key Finance stakeholders
Operational Effectiveness Control
· Support requirements management processes and design of business solutions.
· Supporting testing management process, defect management, test results documentation
· Support management of requirements traceability through design and delivery.
- Coordinates requirements gathering, documentation, prioritisation and traceability working, sometimes working with multiple program teams and senior stakeholders.
- Supports the programme management with impact assessment for change requests on design, scope, time, budget or effort on programme plan and provides accurate estimates for handling new requirements, design changes and scope.
· Adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records, timely updates to project lifecycle documentation as per the activities;
· Risks and issues log
· Requirements traceability matrix
· Project plans