HSBC – HSBCJP00043543
Global Risk Control Manager
Rate: £550 PAYE P/D or £714.08 Umbrella P/D
Hybrid 2 to 3 days in the office in London
Duration – September 2023
HSBC are currently searching for an ambitious, analytical and organised Global Risk Control Manager to join their Global Risk Sub-Functions. This is a unique opportunity to work at HSBC within their Global Risk Sub-Functions which offers support and rewards that will take you further within your career.
The Global Risk Control Manager act as a First Line of Defence and works closely with the Global Risk Sub-Functions’ (Specifically for special programmes such as Magnus and RREP) core role holders (Control Owners, Risk Owners where applicable) to ensure the appropriate execution of operational risk management activities, as defined by the Operational Risk Management Framework.
The Global Risk Control Office Team provide expert operational risk advice and input for the Risk Functions. The Global Risk Control Manager is responsible for driving the effective governance and management of Non-Financial Risk in the 1LOD and includes:
- Act as trusted advisor for the senior management of the supported Risk Function(s) on how to properly manage their operational risk and all items related (Risk assessments, Control environment, issues management)
- Review and enahance process maps, risks and controls created by special programmes before they are loaded into Helios.
- Ensure all controls documented by programmes are included in RCAs and necessary RCAs are scoped and loaded in Helios.
- Engage with programme teams to advise/direct them to identify the correct processes and controls that are needed.
- Work with Risk Stewards, Assurance teams, and internal audit where necessary.
- Provide Global Risk Senior Control Manager – WCRM and TTRM with key metrics and data that will give visibility on risks and control environment of the special projects and allow him to identify emerging and current issues that require management and attention.
- Drive the remediation of all relevant issues relating to risks and controls idenitfied for the programme by working closely with the programme managers.
- Provide SME expertise to Control Owners to drive effective design of material operational controls and work with them to design an efficient balance of key measures, activities and tools to ensure continuous monitoring of control effectiveness as well as implementing effective remediation plans when necessary.
- Ensure risk and control standards considered and incorporated in initial design of new processes.
- Be the principle point of contact for any risk and control matters for the programmes for stakeholders such as other Global Assurance Utilities and Operational Risk.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Background in risk and control management and / or internal audit designation required.
- A good understanding and experience working with Financial Risk areas (Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Capital Risk) required.
- Exceptional drive, commitment and focus in operational excellence
- Relevant Risk management and control knowledge and experience working with multiple geographies
- Proven experience leading, implementing and/or improving control frameworks and Global Programme initiatives (i.e. NFRO)
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with proven ability to handle multiple outputs at one time
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, with experience in a complex global environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A bachelor degree in Business/ Commerce / Economics
- Professional accountancy qualification preferred.
- Experience of matrix management across complex environments
- Ability to influence Senior Leaders across multiple business lines
- Ability to drive Operational Risk within the 1st Line of defence and obtain appropriate management buy in
- A detailed understanding of HSBC and Group requirements as detailed in Group Policies, Mandatory Procedures and Operating Instructions and local standards
- Experience of implementing global control frameworks within complex environments
- Demonstrable experience of managing operational risk within appetite during operational change and reorganisation
- Be able to define and implement a vision and strategy for risk capability across RISK FUNCTION (insert function as appropriate) and communicate to key stakeholders and obtain their buy-in
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Either apply direct! Or please contact me on Mohammed.Wasim@jeffersonwells.co.uk