Job Title: BCIM Operational Resilience Manager
Location: London, Canada Square (hybrid working, once or twice a week )
Pay Rate: £650 Per Day Via PAYE or £843.92 Per Day Via Umbrella / Inside IR35
Position: 1x available
LOA: 6 Months Contract / Potential Extension / Perm opportunities
· The Global Business Continuity and Incident Management (BCIM) function is a core pillar of the Banks Operational Resilience Strategy and BCIM needs to transform in alignment with that strategy
· BCIM will be delivering three core components: A Business Continuity Planning framework for Important Business Services (IBS), Scenario Testing facilitation for IBSs and updates to the existing Incident Management framework.
· We require an exceptional individual with the specialist knowledge and experience in Incident Management to help the existing global team to develop operating instructions, guidance and training to support the implementation and embedding of the BCIM Incident Management Operational Resilience component.
· This roles will support the delivery of the firm’s Operational Resilience strategy in line with regulatory requirements.
· Incident Management:Update HSBCs Major Incident Management operating instructions in line with Operational Resilience requirements
· Develop an Incident Management exercise toolkit (Exercise Toolkit, Exercise Library, injects etc) to support existing incident management structures in coordinating activity involving IBSs.
· Develop Incident management training materials for Business Service Owners (BSO)
· Finalize the IBS Incident Management plan template and user guidance
Individuals may be required to assist with other tasks as required
· Competencies Strong critical and analytic thinking that drives deep understanding and the ability to break down complex issues and apply analytical techniques to drive intelligence lead insights.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills; ability to communicate complex issues in simple and effective way that supports effective decision making and influences outcomes.
· Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and transcend organization boundaries to achieve results.
· Self starting, with strong intellectual curiosity that drives a proactive continuous improvement mindset
· Conduct Good conduct at HSBC means that we deliver fair outcomes for customers, and do not disrupt the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets. We exist to serve our customers and our approach to conduct helps us ensure that we know and understand them and deliver products and services that meet their genuine needs.
· Our conduct framework provides us with a set of outcomes to achieve across everything we do and can be found within the Group’s Global Principles, and on the Conduct SharePoint site together with our Global Conduct Requirements.
Knowledge & Experience
The following knowledge & experience are considered vital to this role:
· A strong understanding and proven experience in Incident Management plus two or more of the following:Operational Resilience
· Financial Services
· Excellent English skills both written and spoken
· Comfortable engaging with senior Business Stakeholders (MD level)
The following are highlighting desirable:
· A high level understanding of the regulatory priorities for operational resilience, the broader landscape and the challenges for firms with a global footprint.