Job Title: BCIM Operational Resilience Manager
Location: London, Canada Square (hybrid working, once or twice a week )
Pay Rate: £650 Per Day Via PAYE or £843.92 Per Day Via Umbrella / Inside IR35
Position: 2x available
LOA: 6 Months Contract / Potential Extension / Perm opportunities
- The Global Business Continuity and Incident Management (BCIM) function is a core pillar of the Banks Operational Resilience Strategy and BCIM needs to transform in alignment with that strategy
- BCIM will be delivering three core components: A Business Continuity Planning framework for Important Business Services (IBS), Scenario Testing facilitation for IBSs and updates to the existing Incident Management framework.
- We require two exceptional individuals with the specialist knowledge and experience to help the existing global team to develop operating instructions, guidance and training to support the implementation and embedding of the BCIM Operational Resilience components.
- These roles will support the delivery of the firm’s Operational Resilience strategy in line with regulatory requirements.
Specific accountabilities will be allocated based the individual candidate’s knowledge and experience and will include some of the following:
Business Continuity Management:
- Define and implement the threat/ vulnerability assessment methodology
- Document required changes to BCM Lifecycle in existing BCM Operating Instructions
- Define the approach, support model and support materials for the Business Continuity component of IBS Scenario Testing and IBS BC Plan
- Update HSBCs Major Incident Management operating instructions in line with Operational Resilience requirements
- Develop an Incident Management exercise toolkit (Exercise Toolkit, Exercise Library, injects etc) to support existing incident management structures in coordinating activity involving IBSs.
- Develop Incident management training materials for Business Service Owners (BSO)
- Finalize the IBS Incident Management plan template and user guidance
- Define and implement reporting focused on IBS Business Continuity Management and Incident Management
Individuals may be required to assist with other tasks as required
- Strong critical and analytic thinking that drives deep understanding and the ability to break down complex issues and apply analytical techniques to drive intelligence lead insights.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; ability to communicate complex issues in simple and effective way that supports effective decision making and influences outcomes.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and transcend organization boundaries to achieve results.
- Self starting, with strong intellectual curiousity that drives a proactive continuous improvement mindset
- Good conduct at HSBC means that we deliver fair outcomes for customers, and do not disrupt the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets. We exist to serve our customers and our approach to conduct helps us ensure that we know and understand them and deliver products and services that meet their genuine needs.
- Our conduct framework provides us with a set of outcomes to achieve across everything we do and can be found within the Group’s Global Principles, and on the Conduct SharePoint site together with our Global Conduct Requirements.
Knowledge & Experience
The following knowledge & experience are considered vital to this role:
- A strong understanding and proven experience in three or more of the following:
- Operational Resilience
- Business Continuity Management
- Scenario Testing
- Incident Management
- Financial Services
- Data analytics and Reporting
- Excellent English skills both written and spoken
- Comfortable engaging with senior Business Stakeholders (MD level)
The following are highlighly desirable:
- A high level understanding of the regulatory priorities for operational resilience, the broader landscape and the challenges for firms with a global footprint.