The role is within the WMR Transformation team that are responsible for the delivery of Transformation end to end projects across market risk and counterparty risk. More specifically, the role is a Senior Business Analyst within JEDI, the Traded Risk extract, transform and load (ETL) layer.
The role would require close coordination with Global and regional stakeholders Traded Risk Business, GMMO and SWD to support the deliver regulatory and regional specific programmes.
- Business analysis
- Develop the key artefacts required under either Waterfall or Agile methodology (including high-level business requirements, solution design, functional and non-functional requirements), to a clear and unambiguous standard, as a solid foundation for implementation by Software Delivery (SWD).
- Promote visibility, understanding and approval of the requirements with all regional stakeholders at all stages of initiation and definition; obtain sign-offs
- Liaise with Software Delivery in the specification, production and subsequent software development
- Ensure that the integrity of the risk systems is maintained by supporting strategic requirements
- Project management
- Support the Project Managers to:
- Run working groups with key stakeholders;
- Track progress against project plan
- Develop the test strategy
- Provide regular status updates
- Escalate risks, issues and dependencies impacting the project
- Develop the test strategy in conjunction with IT and business stakeholders
- Liaise with SWD to provide ST and SIT test plans, arrange test environments and testing support.
- Liaise with users to confirm test requirements and ensure suitable UAT test plans are constructed.
- Perform sanity checks that the requirements are satisfied
- Ensure all testing is conducted in an orderly and efficient way.
- Stakeholder engagement
- Constructive engagement with key stakeholders i.e. risk management, risk control, WMRT transformation component PMs/ BAs, Software delivery teams, FO Project team, design architects
- Status reporting
- Provide periodic status updates regarding project status, test completion status, RAID Log, in the tools and templates selected by the wider SWD and Transformation team
- Be able to work in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Maintain HSBC Internal Control Standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with your role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Educated to degree level in a numerate subject
- Additional qualifications in Risk would be useful
- Additional qualifications in business analysis would be useful
- Strong business analysis experience (5+ years) in a market and/or traded credit risk context
- Focused and delivery-driven with ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task and prioritise appropriately in a fast moving and often evolving environment
- Strong verbal & written communication and interpersonal skill with proven ability of organisational planning, resource mobilization and problem solving
- Broad knowledge of asset classes and their implications in terms of market risk
- Good understanding of reference data for Market / Credit Risk systems & processes.
- Experience with high transaction volume data transformation processes / environments / components.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Agile environment and Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience of writing high quality technical specs from business requirements
- Experience of managing the process of requirements through to deliverables, including end-to-end testing
- A team player with previous experience of working closely with ethnically diverse teams across multiple regions
- Previous experience of working in software development team would be highly beneficial
- Some exposure to market risk reporting platforms and to risk engines
- Some previous experience of working with OLTP and OLAP technologies for aggregation of very large volumes of market risk measures across multiple dimensions
- Willingness to dig into details; appetite, enthusiasm, and desire to acquire technical and systems knowledge; initiate change and execute strategy
- Demonstrable problem solving and analytical abilities including the ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and apply sound business and technical domain knowledge
- Understanding of ETL and experience of working within an ETL environment
- Strong knowledge of industry standards and formats of data interchange e.g. XML, JSON, CSV
- Good knowledge of relational databases – models & SQL e.g. Oracle, SQL Server etc
- Good understanding of REST API technology and usage
- Strong MS-Excel skills for data analysis
- Tight timescales to achieve project objectives across a multiplicity of risk system components.
- Keeping business informed and engaged; managing the expectations of all stakeholders.
- Ensuring that project objectives, priorities, targets and benefits are met within timelines, and with minimum disruption to existing risk systems, or to risk management/ control.