HSBC – HSBCJP00043376
Rate: £465.50 PAYE P/D or £604.37 Umbrella P/D
Hybrid 1 days a week at HSBC Sheffield’s office
Duration – End of January with the possibility of extensions
HSBC are currently searching for an ambitious, analytical and organised Business Partner to join their Strategic Procurement Services. This is a unique opportunity to work at HSBC within their Business Partner which offers support and rewards that will take you further within your career.
The Business Partner will provide their business stakeholders with a key point of engagement for all elements of Strategic Procurement Services (SPS), bringing together and providing leadership, knowledge and expertise across all areas of Procurement, in order to support their specific line of business. The role will require the Business Partner to own, develop and build strong and effective relationships with key business users of the strategic procurement service. You will work to understand their needs, ongoing future outlook/plans, business strategy and short and long term goals, maximising the value that is delivered from the SPS function as a whole.
To enable this value generation, the Business Partner interprets the overall business requirements in their assigned line of business and works with the Head of BPM in delivering an integrated end to end service that both leverages the existing SPS service offerings but also enables continuous improvement in the customer proposition by developing new services in the future.
The Business Partner should develop and maintain knowledge of current and future trends and requirements that may impact their specific line of business or the bank more broadly, enabling them to provide procurement leadership and the directional management needed. Whilst not responsible for the execution of category plans, the Business Partner will work with the Category Leads in the creation of these plans, providing expert knowledge and support to achieve maximum value for the business and utilising this insight to further develop overarching Business Unit/Function based business plans.
- Develops and executes the BPM strategy within their assigned line of business and ensures customer centric solutions are presented and delivered by providing strong leadership which drives the full size, scale and capabilities which the overall SPS function can offer.
- Fulfils the role of Business Partner to their line of business and acts as an interface between the business and resources in SPS to ensure best in class ‘high value high impact’ sourcing projects are managed and delivered through the provision of appropriate SME leadership, expertise, benchmarking services and project management services
- Through proactive engagement and a deep understanding of the business needs, drives value generation and optimal outcomes from all services that the SPS function delivers to the business
- Collaborates with the Head of Business Partner Management and other BP’s to identify, develop and drive new innovative solutions which meet the evolving needs of their respective business area and ensure that existing and future solutions are fully utilised
- Identify opportunities within business area of responsibility and work closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive through and land ‘revenue’ generating opportunities within the 3rd Party Supply Chain, working alongside all SPS value streams for appropriate SME input as required.
- Deliver the education and awareness of local and regional procurement services to ensure that they continue to evolve to meet the business needs over time and that costs and risks are effectively managed, in response to agreed Business Plans.
- Responsible for managing the capture and reporting on relevant financial targets, KPIs, and identified risks and controls within their functional area
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and up to date stakeholder maps within their dedicated line of business
- Actively participates in and contributes towards the definition and execution of the ESG agenda across HSBC,
- Acts as the key interface into the business lines and represents the end to end requirements connected to Knowing Your Supplier (KYS)
- Provide procurement expertise and leadership on supplier market and to identify and drive opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk on category)
- Drive and manage the creation and maintenance of a pipeline of projects to achieve or exceed agreed value targets
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of procurement best practice and innovation
- A good understanding of the financial services industry, including key players, strategic requirements, and key risks facing financial services institutions
- Experience interpreting technical and/or functional requirements, and translating these into implementable sourcing strategies
- Experience of relationship management at all levels
- Experience developing, communicating and promoting improved procurement and supply chain management internally within an organization and externally with suppliers
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role
- University degree educated or equivalent training/professional development
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Either apply direct! Or please contact me on 0161 546 6297 or alternatively email me on Mohammed.Wasim@jeffersonwells.co.uk.