HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Technology Lead (Project Manager)
Within the Global Treasury 2025 Programme, this role sits under the FRM (Financial Resource Management) project which, in part, is tasked with building out new infrastructure to support various use cases for Global Treasury.
This role reports into FRM IT Project Manager.
This job requires a lead who will work with the Product Owner (and or other stakeholders) to plan and align scheduling of activities to broader programme/epic/release requirements.
The Technology Lead job is accountable for enabling the technical development and run-time operation of products and services within a Product Group/Value streams or a set of development teams.This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
- Establishing effective governance and risks / controls, in line with the IT and Business processes and coordinating cross DevOps and cross Global Business / Global Functions delivery.
- Driving the adoption of HSBC project standards and working in alignment with HSBC project methodology at all times.
- Ensuring adherence to standard risk / controls and drives teams to achieve compliance and framework, capability management, security controls and technology architecture designs.
- Work closely with the HOST teams and the delivery PODs and to support the POD teams to manage delivery proactively, balancing scope, schedule, resourcing, dependencies, communications and budgets.
- Working with the Technology team and Product Owner to drive improvements in productivity through backlog management, maturity in the use of Agile methodologies (e.g. ATOM, Scrum, Kanban, Lean), and corresponding management of dependencies. Hands-on knowledge and experience of working on Jira, Confluence and Clarity (or similar project management tool) is a must.
- Providing management to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider programme objectives, where appropriate, and to the change portfolio across HSBC
- Managing, monitoring and reporting progress, issues, dependencies and risks to the programme management, internal stakeholders and/or steering committees. Making recommendations to influence decision-making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realization
- Enforcing process discipline and improvements in areas of expertise, such as disciplined agile software delivery, production support processes, or continuous DevOps pipelines development.
- Graduate degree/ Bachelor of engineering with 15 years +IT experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to discuss technical, functional requirement and coordinating on various deliverables with senior business, change team, Operations stake holders.
- Experience in delivering mentioned technical and functional requirements.
- Problem solving skills following right approach.
- Agile and DevOps knowledge.
- Efficient Team management with empathetic approach. Guide, mentor other team members.
- Experience in guiding team for Performance issues and troubleshooting coordinating with ITID teams.
- Required to deliver value addition in DevOps tools GitHub, JIRA, confluence, release management.
- Knowledge on book of work, budget, planning would be an added advantage.