Role: UKTA Dealing Officer
Rate: £247.50/day PAYE
Location: Edinburgh / Hybrid
Duration: 12 Month Contract
The purpose of this role is to assume responsibility for the day to day deliverables of Fund Dealing process for GDTA, Edinburgh. This will include ensuring deliverables sent to client are as per agreed quality standards. Additionally, jobholder will also be required to provide timely inputs to the Manager and Management for required MIs and KPIs.
Key Activities and decision-making areas:
Impact on the Business
- Key role for the delivery of a cohesive service to our clients and their investors.
- Responsible for fund dealing deliverables across multiple clients.
- Day to day supervision of activities within the department to ensure that all tasks are processed in accordance with agreed procedures and controls and in accordance with relevant fund parameters.
- Ensure team is achieving required internal and external deadlines.
- Train and develop SMEs.
- Suggest and implement improvements to the Transfer Agency processes and procedures in consultation with the Manager.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects from time to time as necessary.
- Ensure that the team are customer focused and that a high standard of service is provided.
- Review team’s processing at each step upto sign-off stage.
- Provide input into planning and controlling the Fund Dealing Team’s workload and workflow.
Ensure all relevant output confirmations are sent as per the agreed SLAs to relevant stakeholders (Internal and External).
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure that the team are customer focused and that high standards of service is provided.
Operation effectiveness & Control:
· Ensure procedures, client Operations guides and other internal supporting documentation is up to date.
· Ensure that business practices and processes are regularly reviewed for adherence to procedures and FIMs including Compliance policies and Internal Controls.
· Ensure new business or new processes are understood and implemented.
- Be aware of the business practices and processes associated with the role, and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
· Ensure all day end controls are complied with and any Exceptions are escalated to the Manager in a timely manner.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Train and develop SMEs.
- Encourage Team to attend training sessions.
- Provide update to Manager on day to day operations.
- Provide feedback to Manager on performance of SMEs.
Environment of the Role
- A dynamic role providing the job holder with exposure to key Stakeholders.
- With the expansion of the product into the UK Market, the business is expected to go through a period of significant growth which will be followed by a period of stability.
- The GDTA team plays a very important role in HSS Edinburgh’s service differentiation and ultimate client satisfaction.
- Board Membership N/A
- Committee Membership N/A