Contract until – June 2023
London – Hybrid role
Rates - £550 PAYE or £714.08 Umbrella
HSBC are currently searing for a new Project manager to join their team within the Regulatory Reporting Enhancement Programme (RREP) plan to the PRA, outlining the remediation required across the scope of the Group’s regulatory reporting. The Programme will run for 4 years and will deliver end-to-end remediation of the governance and control findings across our regulatory reporting landscape.
As a project manager you will be required to take decisions and lead change initiatives and on occasions manage stakeholder and senior management relationships. Project governance must be established, including clear sponsorship, tollgates and steering committee. You will not be subject to close supervision, and will be expected to exercise independent initiative and judgement in proactively overcoming obstacles to success, dealing with uncertainty and changing circumstances, such as interdependencies, opportunities or risks. You will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct.
The Project Management role will hold most or all of these responsibilities:
- Influence the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes.
- Drive project delivery proactively, balancing planning, scope, schedule, budget, communications and risks.
- Manage and plan resources, responsibilities and schedules.
- Establish effective project controls and procedures and quality assurance processes
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Report progress, issues, dependencies and risks to project or programme leadership and committees as appropriate and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation.
- Provide management to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider programme objectives, where appropriate, and to the change portfolio across HSBC
- Drive the adoption of HSBC project standards and work in alignment with HSBC project methodology at all times.
Lead the team to meet performance targets aligned to objectives
Knowledge and Experience:
- Change management
- Excellent understanding of the project lifecycle
- Excellent understanding of Business Transformation Frameworks and best practice techniques.
- A thorough understanding of the purpose, value, culture and fundamentals of Transformation
- Strong understanding of banking and how change drives benefits for customers and other stakeholders
- Global Risk Analytics
- A thorough understanding of the Model development lifecycle
- An awareness of modelling tools, techniques and systems
- Risk system architecture across Risk sub-functions – where relevant.
- Data management approaches and technology
- Understanding of the regulatory framework globally.
- Experience in delivering regulatory and /or capital models (PD/LGD/EAD)
- Understanding of Wholesale Credit Risk
- Broad understanding and knowledge of Risk Analytics processes, culture and objectives.
- Project management skills and experience
- People manager and broad experience in managing teams of different work streams
- Examples of the delivery of on time and on budget projects that achieve business case stated outcomes – a driver with bias towards delivery at pace and controlling project outcomes
- In depth experience of working in a banking environment and change projects
- Stakeholder management experience, especially impactful communication, influencing and running project governance
- Implementation, change management and benefits realisation
- Planning and Plan Management
- Risk and Issues Management
- Global Mindset
- Decision Making
- Lead Self and Others
- Business Case and Benefits Realisation
- Change and Implementation Management
- Financial and Budget Management
- Tracking, Reporting and Governance
- Stakeholder Management
- Resource and Team Management
- Delivery at Pace
- Achieving excellence
Qualifications and Accreditations
- PMP certification or training - Optional
- Prince2 - Optional
Any relevant local banking qualifications such as ACIB (Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers) - Optional
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
If you think you are a perfect fit for the role or interested to hear more information, we would love to hear from you!
Either apply direct! Or please contact me at email@example.com