Credit Valuation Controller
£550.00 PAYE / £714.08 Umbrella
HSBC are currently looking for a Credit Valuation Controller to join the team in London. This position reports into the Global Methodology Lead for Structured Credit Valuations based in London. If successful, you will focus on the distressed credit and private equities portfolios to perform a review of the positions with the aim of enhancing the valuation methodologies framework for FVA and PVA.
You will need to independently drive conversations on valuation with key stakeholders across the Front Office, Risk, Quants and within Valuations and Analytics. The team you will be working within operates as a global team and therefore you will need to ensure appropriate engagement with colleagues in other regions, in order to deliver results efficiently and consistently.
If you think you are suitable for this position, please do not hesitate to apply!
In this role, you will:
- Drive the methodology and implementation of FVAs, IPV and PVA changes, keep abreast of industry information around this important asset class, engage the business on all matters regarding valuations and be a key contact for internal and external audit.
- Work to ensure consistency in policies/standards across sites/teams and implement strategies to improve consistency where it is not already in place.
- Responsible for the production of:
- IPV, FVA and Prudent Valuation (PVA) balances
- Methodologies and documentation.
- Monitoring model restrictions and recommendations
- Levelling returns.
- Engage with Europe Credit core Product Control to ensure that the valuation conclusions are accurately reflected in the books and that the communication with the business is seamless and consistent.
- Ensure that the governance and controls of fair value is adhered to. Prepare for and contribute to the valuation
- Ensure Valuation FIM requirements and other applicable accounting / regulatory standards are met. Liaise with Internal/External audit and regulators where necessary.
- Identify, communicate and drive resolution of issues, whether people, process or system.
- Maintain focus on process optimization and identify opportunities to enhance cost efficiency where possible (e.g. automation, outsourcing, centralization etc).
- Drive standardization and streamlining of processes
Knowledge and Experience:
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrable track record in top-tier global bank.
- Detailed knowledge of Product Control Valuations processes and proven experience of managing Product Control, Valuations or Financial Process based activities.
- Market derivative knowledge in Credit asset class
- Experience of Distressed Credit and Private Equity valuations will be an advantage
- Experience of developing methodology and shaping policy for IPV / FVAs is a distinct advantage.
- Good understanding of accounting requirements for Valuation activity in Global Markets.
- Good understanding and appreciation of Regulatory requirements and guidelines for Valuation activity.
- Proven ability in working across multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural diverse work environments.
- Experience of interacting with stakeholder groups (Business, Risk, Internal and External Audit).
Microsoft Office Suite, VBA and SQLIf you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Either apply direct! Or please contact me at Katie.Harrison@jeffersonwells.co.uk / 0161 924 1380