Middle Office Manager
9 Contract – Likely Extensions
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced Middle Office Manager to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will be for 9 months with a review to be extended.
Purpose of Department
Wholesale Portfolio Management (WPM) is a part of Global Banking & Markets (GBM) and is responsible for the active portfolio management of the wholesale credit portfolio globally. WPM Execution within WPM is responsible for distributing credit risk on the wholesale portfolio using instruments such as credit default swap, insurance, index options and securitisation. The team works directly with balance sheet owners, corporate bankers, wholesale credit risk management and interact regularly with a wide range of support functions.
- The role sits within Wholesale Portfolio Management Execution and provides support to the management of existing significant risk transfer synthetic securitisation transactions.
- Monitor and investigate changes in the portfolio of loans referenced in the transactions
- Manage the reduction, removal and replenishment of the portfolio, in line with transaction terms
- Carry out eligibility checks on each loan to determine whether the loan is fit to be included in the transactions
- Present portfolio changes in monthly transaction oversight committee
- Report the transactions to investors, regulators and internal stakeholders
- Deal with external audit requirements related to the transactions
- Perform detailed analysis on loan portfolio by gathering, cleansing and remediating data issues
- Document and enhance the management tool, process and controls
- Proficiency in MS Excel and competency in MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Word
- Strong communications and problem solving skills
- Proactive in investigating and resolving issues
- Proactively look for ways to improve processes/systems and close control gaps
- Understanding of lending products, CDS and securitisation is preferable
- Working knowledge of Risk Weighted Assets calculations for wholesale exposure is desirable
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub:
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on 0161 503 5558/ Curtis.Sharpe@jeffersonwells.co.uk