Senior Valuation Reporting Controller
£550 p/d PAYE / £714.08 p/d Umbrella
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior Valuation Reporting Controller
Role Purpose / Day to Day:
The Valuations Group in Product Control is a global team responsible for all aspects of the calculation of Fair Value for traded instruments in Global Markets and additionally undertake oversight and support for fair value calculations across the rest of HSBC Group (predominantly Global Banking and Corporate Centre).
The Valuation reporting team is responsible for reporting high quality cross asset class consolidated information for Product Control supported businesses and all related processes, to facilitate decision making and evidence control processes. The process has two primary elements, a production element, and a review/investigation element.
The role will require the consolidation of the quarterly PVA calculation, including in depth analysis and insight into the results. In addition, the role will be expected to contribute significantly to on-going projects and key workstreams in the Valuation reporting space which are tied to the strategic direction of Product Control and the Business.
Experience / Skills required:
- University graduate from a reputed institution in financial or economic subject or university graduate in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Accounting or similar.
- Prior experience in working within Financial Markets or a Treasury department
- Valuation reporting experience
- Experience reporting to senior management / dealing with senior stakeholders
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of Financial Markets (products traded and their life cycle, accounting principles and valuation techniques)
- Excellent analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Flexible interpersonal style capable of adapting to a range of customers and personality types across the organisation.
- Ambitious, driven and enthusiastic
- Valuation/Product Control experience is strongly preferred
- Advanced MS Excel, MS Access and VBA is an advantage
If you think you are up for the task and feel you meet the above criteria or interested to hear more information, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org