Regulatory Reporting Enhancement Manager
£467.50 PAYE / £606.97 Umbrella (GCB4)
London Canada Square
Contract until end of 2022
HSBC are currently searching for a Regulatory Reporting professional to join HSBC as their new Regulatory Reporting Enhancement Manager! Within this position, you would be working as part of the Regulatory Reporting Enhancement team in FinOps which is responsible for the tracking and remediation of self-identified issues impacting regulatory reporting for the Group, as week as those from internal audit and s166 findings. Additionally, this team is also actively involved in investigations and analytics of data quality items. If yyou feel like you would be suitable for the position (further details below) please do not hesitate to apply!
Overall Role Responsibilities:
· Active involvement in targeted reviews involving investigations and analytics on data quality items. This will involve looking at the interpretation of regulatory text and working with policy teams where necessary, as well as deep diving into upstream data lineage to understand root cause and required remediation.
· Targeted reviews and deep dives on RWAs, capital and Balance Sheet data – detailed review linked to robust risk-based criteria (e.g. review of site returns, testing of calculation compliance)
· Working closely with regional/ business/internal audit teams to ensure the issues are understood and read across between various areas of finance is conducted e.g Corep/ Finrep/ IFRS 9.
· Playing a key role in the running of the monthly WG on known issues and creation of monthly stakeholder packs.
· Co-coordinating with the Regulatory reporting and production teams and establishing a robust process to calculate and monitor key RREP KPIs for SteerCo on a quarterly basis.
· Work closely with RREP representatives in the programme and as well as the Controls Office team, ensuring all issues are appropriately flagged and logged in Helios
· Provide regulatory SME support for s166 audit and remediation of the findings thereafter
Key Experience / Skills:
Experience and skills that are required for this role are as follows:
· Knowledge of accounting and consolidation issues;
· Knowledge of current regulatory developments and reporting (Corep/Finrep)
· Knowledge of PRA and other regulatory reporting requirements;
· Knowledge and experience of Basel 3 reforms;
· Previous experience in a reporting role essential;
· Preferably a qualified Accountant;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
· Self-motivated and capable of working as part of a team;
· Good mathematical and analytical skills;
· Ability to work under pressure, report to tight deadlines and deal effectively with issues as they arise.
· An understanding of HSBC’s consolidations systems and processes would be an advantage, TM1, RCT and Saracen
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Either apply direct! Or please contact me on 0161 924 1380 / Katie.Harrison@jeffersonwells.co.uk