Multiple UK Locations Available
£550PAYE / £714.08 Umbrella per day
4 Month Contract – Likely Extensions/ Permanency
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will be for 4 months with a review to be extended.
Risk & Compliance Transformation (CT) ensures effective and efficient definition, planning, management and execution of global change programmes related to financial crime risk, supporting the business teams and HSBC to meet its regulatory commitments and covers key areas such as money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption.
Global Transformation Senior Business Analysts shape and lead initiation activities and operating model definition and are at the centre of how Global Transformation delivers and embeds change working with our delivery partners. Primarily, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for managing and executing the analysis activity within one or more of the priority programmes. They will lead multi skilled teams responsible for the Requirements Management, Design, Change Management and Implementation Management activities during project delivery. Senior Business Analysts often act as experts across multiple projects and programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their approach to Requirements Management and other analysis activity.
Senior Business Analyst’s will also oversee Change Management activities spanning from early change planning and audience analysis; through to designing and delivering change interventions (e.g. communications, training, support, organisation alignment); and tracking and taking actions on change readiness, adoption, and feedback. They are also ultimately responsible for Implementation Management, including planning, controlling and reporting on implementation of the change ‘product’, focusing on accelerating benefits and minimising risk during deployment. Implementation activities will also include managing implementation readiness and managing the early stages of implementation (e.g. pilot).
Senior Business Analysts will often play a people / team management role within the projects / programmes they work on. As members of the Global Transformation management team, they will also have line or assignment management responsibility for a group of more junior resources within their resource pool (as related to their job family).
Alongside project delivery responsibilities, the Senior Business Analyst will be a member of the Global Transformation management team and may have responsibility for a pool of Business Analysts being accountable for people management, performance management, resource management and professional development. They work closely with the Project Management Office Delivery directors and Practice Head to ensure analyst resources are utilised effectively and resource supply meets upcoming project demand.
• Anticipates and manages stakeholder expectations, fostering open and honest communication; resolves stakeholder conflict and represents the interests of other stakeholders
• Identifies and analyses complex problems involving the wider team; generates feasible and creative solutions considering all aspects and consequences; leads brainstorming meetings to discuss and/or resolve problems
• Questions current state and facilitates stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement
• Uses understanding of the Group’s strategy, strengths, weaknesses and the external marketplace, to inform business decisions and create competitive advantage
• Understands different mind-sets and analyses options to develop implementable solutions
• Exhibits high energy, understands issues within team and galvanises others to achieve goals
• Gains a clear understanding of others’ point of view by listening, asking clarifying questions and reflecting back; encourages and facilitates open and honest debate with tact and integrity, even where sensitive issues are involved
• Articulates or translates complex information in clear, meaningful and structured way to suit audience
• Builds effective working relationships with analysis and design teams in our delivery partners and works well with external partners
• Often acts as an expert across multiple projects or programmes simultaneously, guiding the teams on their requirements gathering, design, change or implementation approach. May conduct one off business research and analysis tasks related to programme or project scope.
• Coordinates requirements gathering, documentation, prioritisation and traceability working with multiple programme teams and senior stakeholders. Works with the team to break down requirements into rigorous level detail and translates business requirements for use by delivery partners.
• Challenges requirements and designs detailed, innovative business solutions to realise agreed business requirements
• Supports the business and functions in assessing current state operating model and translating strategy into target operating models, considering the impacts on customers, products/services, organisation, people, process, technology and other key factors. Supports Global Transformation Business Architects in more complex or global architecture projects. Supports the impact assessment of new change on operating model.
• Document and develop targeted benefits for a change intervention
• Utilises financial skills to develop a high level business case, considering investment and high level benefits
• Architects complex, large-scale (e.g. multiple market/ multiple programme) change solutions, detailing all elements of the change journey and audience impacts
• Leads change implementation activities, providing steering and guidance to the team and regular updates to stakeholders
• Leads end-to-end change journey and validates mitigation plans
• Defines, shapes and recommends creative solutions options, weighing risk/reward
• Manages re-engineering of processes, where process is one of the many parts of the change, and provides detailed guidance on process design (considering risk, end-to-end and cost)
• Manages responsibilities, objectives and task allocations for a large project or programme
Capability and People Development
• Manages a cross-functional/cross-cultural team and the performance of individuals/teams against performance objectives and plans
• Manages and endorses team engagement initiatives, fostering an environment which encourages learning and collaboration to build a sense of community
• Creates environments where only the best will do and high standards are expected, regularly achieved and appropriately rewarded; encourages and supports continual improvements within the team based on ongoing feedback
• Develops a network of professional relationships (within Global Transformation and with delivery partners) to improve collaborative working and encourage openness - sharing ideas, information and collateral
• Encourages individuals to network and collaborate with colleagues beyond their own business areas and/or the Group to shape change and benefit the business and its customers
• Support the PMO and Consulting Leadership team with supply management / resourcing pipeline and scheduling.
• Content heavy role – Senior Business Analysts must demonstrate strong business knowledge and sound business sense, and stay abreast of the industry, business-wise and technology-wise.
• Stakeholder complexity – Senior Business Analysts will often need gather requirements and agree designs across stakeholders, dealing with different interests and resolving disagreements and conflicts, and sometimes needing to challenge poor requirements and design decisions. They will often attend and lead these meetings or workshops with no Global Transformation supervision.
• Multi-disciplinary – Senior Business Analysts need to be able to shape business requirements and solution designs that encompass all aspects of the delivery (customer, people, process, policy, technology - system, data, infrastructure, etc). Often Business Analysts will work across multiple projects at the same time.
The vision statement for Transformation is “To be the businesses’ primary change partner, support the implementation of the Group Strategy and make change a source of sustainable competitive advantage for HSBC”. The job is a major point of contact with the business and IT. The jobholder works independently and has a high level of flexibility to consult with the business at all levels. They will need to have the ability to work closely with and build good relationships with Software Delivery, IT Operations, Service Delivery, and with other
delivery partners and Global Functions. The jobholder is expected to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, taking a lead analyst role in larger projects, directing all analyst activity.
Management of Risk
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks and likelihood of operational risk occurring. This will be achieved by reviewing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing global economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new processes. Effective and timely remedial action should be evidenced. Group Programmes and regional/local programmes / projects must be managed in accordance with the Group Controls Framework and with relevant FIMs. Solutions must comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements - albeit that inherent in the role is the requirement to challenge our interpretation of these requirements to ensure that we take a commercial approach to their implementation.
Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder will adopt the Group Compliance Policy by escalating any identified compliance risk in liaison with, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
Business Analysts adhere to the Groups standard tools and methodologies :
• Global Transformation Business Consulting Framework
• Global Transformation Process Reengineering Framework
• Global Transformation Initiation Framework
• Global Transformation C&I Framework
• Global Transformation Project Management Framework
• Global Transformation Programme Management Framework
• Group Standard Business Case
• Global Transformation tools like Clarity
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for managing the analysis activity in at least one priority project/programme with a medium to high level of scope/complexity. The Senior Business Analyst may be required to manage a pool of Business Analysts and be the main point of contact for Business Analysis resource within the priority market having accountability for resourcing and performance management activity
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• Expert knowledge of Global Transformation Change Frameworks, Agile methodologies and best practice techniques
• A thorough understanding of the purpose, values, culture and fundamentals of Global Transformation
• Outstanding understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes and objectives
• Very strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors etc.
• Re-engineering knowledge
• Advanced Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
• Advanced Change management and implementation management techniques and approaches
• Proven track record as an outstanding analyst or consultant
• Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
• Extensive experience of using multiple analysis techniques in a change environment, with a mix of business, Operations and technology focused projects
• Experience of business case development and a sound understanding of how design enablers underpin business benefits
• Strong experience of delivering change into different audiences and managing implementation in banking environments (branch, contact centre, trading floor, operations, head office etc).
• Excellent communication, inter-personal and negotiating skills
• Excellent decision making and problem solving ability
• Advanced judgmental skills to identify and resolve problems
• Experience of managing large teams and resources located remotely
• Ability to motivate and lead people, employing appropriate management styles
• Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
• Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders and sponsors
• Decision Making
• Achieving Excellence
• Delivery at Pace
• Impactful communication
• Business Analysis & Design
• Business Case and Benefits Realisation
• Change and Implementation Management
• Process Re-engineering
• Planning and Plan Management
• Stakeholder Management
• Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
• Resource and Team Management
• Qualifications and Accreditations
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) - Optional
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt - Optional
• Degree in Business Information Systems or a related field – Optional
• Degree in business administration / management / economics, engineering and science - Optional
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub:
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on 0161 503 5558/ Curtis.Sharpe@jeffersonwells.co.uk