Job Title - Costs & Planning Manager
Location – London Hybrid 1 – 2 days in office flexible
Rate – £467.5
Contract length – 12 months with possible perm contract available
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Costs & Planning Manager.
The Global Open Banking Shared Service (OB-SS) is a joint business and technology, cross line of business organisation responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of HSBC’s Open Banking operations globally. This role is within the business side of the team and its purpose is to work with country and regional Open Banking teams and OB-SS Technology to ensure all elements of channel reporting are understood and delivered. This covers technical performance and conduct metrics, commercial performance (cost and income), and developing scenario based forecasts for all services to ensure capacity and cost can be well managed. Reporting to the Head of Strategy, Planning & Policy this role involves operating within a small specialist team across all HSBC business areas and with a global capacity.
The job holder will be responsible for all non-technical aspects of OB costs and capacity MI, forecasting and commercial planning globally. They will work with the technical MI experts to create and maintain an e2e view of OB capacity and requirements globally. The job holder will be able to develop market and product forecast models, and from that derive logical cost and capacity models to inform decision making. Production of materials in a logical and easily consumable format (including for senior audiences), identifying trends and recommending areas for improvement will be key.
The job holder will be highly experienced with performance analysis and presentation and will be able to run the OBSS SPC process, driving the process and agenda with both OBSS and business stakeholders.
Key Knowledge & Experience
- 5 to 10 years’ experience a must with the financial sector
- Financial planning analysis working from financial reports forecasting commercial revenue
- financial literate
- understand cost review and licensing
- Qualified accountant
- Strong knowledge and experience of Cost and finance on a global scale
- Acca or management accounting
- If previously worked for HSBC must know HSBC structure and will be quiz
- Open banking sharing data and integrating parties’ knowledge would be a plus
- Blunt straight forward must be able to simplify their answers when quizzed
- Understanding of HSBC Group structures, processes, and objectives
- Understanding of HSBC’s strategy and the role of change programmes in delivering the strategy
- Strong understanding of banking / HSBC and understanding of how change drives benefits for HSBC, its customers, and other stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of the external environment – regulatory, political, competitors, customers etc.
- Strong understanding of Open Banking both in terms of regulatory requirements it places on banks and commercial opportunities it creates
- Strong understanding of Open Banking implementation in HSBC
- Extensive experience with MI analysis, presentation, and requirements
- Excellent financial cost management understanding
- Good verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical skills including expert use of excel
- Sound judgmental skills to identify trends and insights
- Proven ability to work across regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Proven ability to work with developers and business stakeholders
- Achieving Excellence
- Delivery at Pace
- Impactful communication
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Team development
- Technical skills:
If you are interested then please don’t delay, email email@example.com