Global Recovery and Resolution Planning (RRP) is a function of Global Treasury and is led by the Head of Group Recovery and Resolution Planning. The team is the custodian of the Group Recovery and Resolution Strategy, which includes the management of HSBC’s capabilities to recover in a severe financial stress and, if unsuccessful, its ability to be resolved and restructured in an orderly way.
The team is structured to align roles to the following activities:
i. RRP Governance and Strategy (e.g. Board/regulatory engagement, RRP training, RRP standards, RRP testing)
ii. Restructuring and Management Actions (e.g. actions and associated recovery capacity)
iii. RRP Management and Delivery (e.g. Group Recovery Plan and RAF self-assessment)
HSBC has been undergoing a significant change programme over the last 18 months to enhance its Recovery Planning capabilities.
The current process is highly effort intensive, as it uses an excel tool that requires manual data input plus some manual data manipulation
HSBC is working to demise this excel tool and replace with a solution built using “Board” (3rd party software vendor)
This new Board solution will require a common interface file (“CIF”) in excel for the bulk upload of input data to the Board solution
A test manager is required to support the ongoing the testing activities of the new solution.
Key responsibilities include:
· Own and build out the MAL test strategy document and granular test plan of the initial Phase 1A delivery and subsequent delivery phases (including the sign off of test strategy with Key Users, HSBC IT, and Project Stakeholders)
· Own test tooling and ensure a clear view of MAL use cases are understood and test scrips are produced to enable UAT
· Managed an Co-ordinate agreed testing activities across a global UAT userbase.
· Engage with 3rd party Solution development team to ensure prioritisation and progress made against identified defects.
· Track progress and communicate risks/issues impacting the testing timelines.
Required knowledge and experience:
· Demonstrated experience as a test manager in Tier 1 Bank
· Experience working with a Global base UAT testers and stakeholders
· Very Nice to have – direct experience of test management at HSBC
· Nice to have – direct experience of test management with Stress Testing or Recovery Planning at HSBC
Required qualities and attributes:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Good stakeholder management skills (as will have to liaise and agree approach/build with Board vendor team and HSBC business leads)
· Self-starter(s) with ability to manage own time, work as part of remote team, think critically, and find solutions to challenges
· Ability to deal with and manage ambiguity