Employee Relationship Manager
Multiple UK Locations Available
£357.50 PAYE / £464.15 Umbrella per day
4 Month Contract – Possibility of Extensions
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced Employee Relationship Manager to join their team in one of the UK offices/remote working, this contract will be for 4 months with a review to be extended.
Some careers open more doors than others.
Human Resources lead the implementation of the Group’s people strategy in line with strategic objectives. It facilitates talent management, succession planning and employee mobility while defining and overseeing frameworks that support employee performance management, reward, learning and development, resourcing and engagement.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Employee Relations Manager. The Employee Relations team are responsible for carrying out internal investigations into employee concerns or poor conduct, managing business change programmes, setting policies and frameworks and industrial relations.
The role spans the whole of the UK and across businesses, functions and employing entities. You will therefore need to be able to successfully manage and navigate organisational complexity. You will also be involved in complex but interesting ER activity, as well as potentially supporting specialist projects. The successful candidate will be working as part of a dynamic ER team.
In this role, you will:
- Support and manage complex people issues in a manner consistent with HSBC values
- Support with restructuring and business change
- Case management involving conducting independent investigations, acting as HR Representative at hearings, reviewing or producing high quality investigation reports and outcome letters;
- Be up to date with employment laws to ensure HSBC, management and employees are in compliance.
- Work in partnership with Employment Legal to provide guidance to key stakeholders on any employment related litigation
- Support training related to employee relations, leadership, coaching and succession planning, as well as compliance with laws and regulation as well as HSBC policies and procedures.
- Coach and develop HR colleagues and people managers on the effective resolution of ER matters. This may also include providing formal training and periodic technical updates to client groups.
- Assignment to ER projects.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience of managing complex people issues e.g.: disciplinaries, grievances and capability processes
- Strong investigation and report writing skills
- Experience managing competing priorities and stakeholders;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills alongside the ability to multi-task.
- Gravitas to influence senior stakeholders across the firm, together with strong communication and influencing skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate clearly and diplomatically, build relationships and influence;
- Ability to approach issues strategically; anticipating consequences and navigating around unforeseen obstacles
- Strong ability to deal with sensitive issues including complex investigations.
- Ability to work with and constructively influence multiple stakeholders.
- Proactive approach to work.
- Experience of working within a complex organizational structure and ability to successfully navigate that structure
The base location for this role is Flexible in the UK.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC, we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages! Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being a broad employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a balanced work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid crafting circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub:
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on 0161 503 5558/ Curtis.Sharpe@jeffersonwells.co.uk