Role – PMO Analyst
Rate – £440 p/d PAYE or £571.27 Umbrella
Location – London
Duration – 6 months initially
If you’re looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. They are currently seeking an experienced individual in the role of PMO Analyst.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
The role will report to the Head of Global CMB Digital Business Management. This is a key role responsible for moving the Portfolio /Programme forward as well as playing a critical role in driving and managing the programme’s delivery performance. The role of the PMO Analyst will be to support the Head of Global CMB Digital Business Management plus Programme and Workstream Leads through three key areas: Resource Management, Finance Management and PMO activities for one of our programmes.
- Proactively monitor project execution to effectively identify and track risks, issues and dependencies
- Co-ordinate & submit status reports, as well help put together monthly SteerCo & Exec packs
- Ensure alignment to the prescribed processes and change methodologies used within the programme, including BTF and the new Change Framework as well as other related governance /reporting processes.
- Co-ordinate the hiring for the department including both internal & external hires, to ensure it moves in a timely manner and that they are aligned with the overall strategy of HSBC & the department
- Supporting hiring managers with ad hoc resource requests, such as extending contracts
- Supporting the Finance team with ensuring resource forecasted costs are accurate
- Working with the Finance team to manage 3rd party costs for the department by raising purchase orders for 3rd party spend, and ensuring the costs are properly accrued for on a monthly basis
- Ensuring governance controls and procedures are embedded and tracked, proposing improvements where necessary.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working in CMB, or within complex change delivery programmes across multiple Global markets this is essential
- Project or Portfolio Management experience within HSBC, which includes communications capabilities, decision making and problem solving skills
- Understanding and proven experience of Programme and Project Management methodologies, including planning and tracking
- Vendor and headcount resource management is desirable
- A numerical background or comfortable working with numbers is desirable
- Excellent understanding of risk, issues and dependency tracking
- Pro-active and positive attitude to planning and engagement, working across teams and functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions across functions
- Experience in relevant tooling, including Jira, Clarity and Portfolio Performance Dashboard.
- Understanding of benefits tracking against outcomes
- Excellent time-management and ability to manage own workload