DAO Operational Finance and Rates Manager
8 Canada Square, London/ Hybrid
£500 PAYE / £649.17 Umbrella per day
12 Month Contract
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced Finance and Rates Manager to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will be for 12 months with a review to be extended.
HSBC Data & Architecture Office (DAO) promotes a data-driven culture across HSBC through our strategy of:
• Protect: To protect our data we need robust policies for data management and enhanced governance e.g. data that is consumed from a trusted source, meets quality standards, and complies with regulatory obligations.
• Connect: Move to a data-led culture through enhanced training including on the job opportunities. Our talent is the glue between protecting our data and unlocking value for our customers.
• Unlock. Value is unlocked when we deliver on the opportunities our well-managed data presents e.g. improving customer / colleague experience, increasing revenue, commercialising our data, optimising capital, enhancing risk management or reducing costs.
The DAO Operational Finance and Rates Manager primarily supports the Unlock pillar of the strategy.
Key priorities include:
• Ensuring DAO is operating within its risk appetite in conjunction of the defined SOX process, by ensuring efficient and effective processes are adhered globally for Intercompany Charges, disputes management, rate modelling with view of risk to full recovery, FIMs policies and Financial control.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Understand capacity for DAO workforce, by products and services and define appropriate strategy including overheads
• Maintain view of rates for demand and manpower planning
• Define billable services in line with product catalogue
• Support on finance projects including Boundary transfer, workforce strategy and other adhoc projects
• Enhance financal modelling of FTE charges and outline risk with external market conditions working closesly with other stakeholers with proposed risk and options for resolution
• Monthly Review of finincals and outlining key drivers for any under / over recovery with remediation action plan to resolve within the finaincal year as part of rating setting analysis
• Understand and ensure intercompany charges are in line with any local regulatory rules
• Manage core systems and being buisness owner to drive improvements across all systems to enhance customer / stakeholders experience. Manager Order book and change within annaul budget.
• Actively challenge poor, inefficient or excessive controls, related tasks and behaviours by key stakeholders.
• Instigate and manage initiatives to drive improvements to the control environment to ensure compliance to SOX process.
• Member of relevant governance forums, Audit and regulatory reviews etc.
• Responsible for embedding risk and control management framework wthin the Intercompany Charges process and Rate Setting for FTE.
• Key point of contact within DAO for charges and any propsoed changes, providing monthly commentary, following up on all outstanding areas of concerns that may affect DAO ability to full recovery its cost.
Leadership & Teamwork
• Lead by example, demonstrating core behaviours and values including teamwork, focus, drive and determination.
• Manage a global team, ensuring the team develop and grow to be best in class.
• Act in a manner that transparently promotes the organisations values and delivers in an aligned manner.
• Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
• Influences greater effective and open team communication and collaboration
• Understanding and energizing others to attain individual and team outcomes and performance targets
• Developing, aligning, and translating strategies and plans to achieve business and functional goals
• Successfully delivering change through people
Broad and comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within multiple disciplines or a fast changing discipline
Business / Commercial knowledge
The role requires a comprehensive understanding of how all value units / products / regions / legal entities collectively integrate, alongside a comprehensive knowledge of the industry in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of HSBC.
Management responsibilities through subordinate managers performing diverse activities (cross discipline e.g. Finance, Technology, Banking)
Covers a wide range of activities that require complex judgements based on advanced analytical thought. Problems often require an innovative approach, based on extensive research
Develops new and adapts existing processes for increased quality and efficiency whilst encouraging others to seek new ideas/solutions to day to day problems.
Accountability / decision making
Latitude to make decisions within the value unit / region / product / legal entity strategy guidelines. There is direction from the long-term business goals with few or no policies to direct how the role should work.
Creates business plans for own teams and expected to contribute into value unit / region / product / legal entity strategy.
The role holder must possess a high level of sensitivity to the audience, be able to modify the beliefs and opinions of others, and negotiate with significant latitude for the final outcome.
The job is likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the function, and possibly the entire business unit.
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub:
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on 0161 503 5558/ Curtis.Sharpe@jeffersonwells.co.uk