£385 PAYE / £499.86 Umbrella per day
12 Month Contract – possibility of extensions/ permanency
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced KYC Analyst to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will be for 12 months with a review to be extended.
Provide support to the Front Office. Advise the Front Office teams as to the provision of the appropriate FCC/KYC supporting documentation in line with CDD and Global Standards for the purposes of Account Opening & Periodic Reviews.
Ensure all account opening and maintenance documentation is approved in line with current AML, FIM, Audit and FCA requirements, in a timely manner. Work in partnership with the Data Management team offshore in Manilla to ensure effective implementation of static data amendments. Assist with the control of the group mailboxes in conjunction with the wider AO Team ensuring a timely turnaround of queries.
Assist Relationship Management teams with queries.
Undertake validation of US Tax forms (W-8BEN, W-8BEN-E, W-8IMY) and UK tax Forms (Tax Residency Declarations).
The role holder will help to ensure all areas of risk and financial crime risk are considered by the business and the correct remedial action taken in line with the Banks’ attitude to risk. Key areas of responsibility are as follows:
· Maintain the quality of the CDD end to end process has been followed correctly (periodic reviews and on-boarding)
· Quality check a percentage of finalised cases depending on the risk rating and role
· Feedback of errors and common trends to Front Office teams
· Ensuring productivity of Account Opening & Periodic Review cases escalating any issues as they arise.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
· Ensure any issues are escalated as necessary
· Provide a high quality service to the Relationship Managers. Establishing strong working relationships with peers, Relationship Management teams.
· Ensure that minimum internal and external regulatory requirements are met
· Ability to prioritise and work accurately under pressure and to specific deadlines. · Manage workload independently and efficiently and within SLA.
· QC/QA within tolerance
· Focus on efficiency, quality and effectiveness.
· Adherence to documented policies and procedures.
· Ensure responses to the Front Office are in a timely and client-focused manner.
Customers / Stakeholders
· In country Co Heads of CLM
· CLM Offshore and Onshore Teams
· CSEs / Relationship Managers / Desk Heads
· FCC / Tax / Legal
· Maintain highest standard of excellence in client service
· Deliver consistent fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
· Provide regular feedback to colleagues concerning workflow / training and to ensure regular and effective communication on all issues.
· Build effective relationships with key stakeholders
· KPIs within tolerance
· Identify issues and suggest sustainable process oriented solutions for the benefit of all.
· Ensure adequate and timely escalation.
· Ongoing internal and external stakeholder relationship feedback
· Completion of required training and accreditations.
Leadership & Teamwork
· Drive consistency and quality duties as appropriate.
· Contribute to the achievement of PBUK CDD goals, in line with team standards.
· Set expectations and share best practices as an effective team player.
· Work collaboratively across the organisation ensuring first-class relationships with the business.
· Challenge own knowledge to develop a continuous learning on and off the job.
· Operate with flexibility and adaptation according to workload variations.
· Be solutions and quality focused
· Demonstration of Group Values in all behaviours
· Ensure effective collaboration and teamwork
· Don’t bring a problem without a proposed solution
Operational Effectiveness & Control
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures (CDD, AML and Sanctions) that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved.
· Ensure that DIMs, training and processes are kept up to date with FIM requirements
· Remain constantly aware of opportunities for service improvement or process streamlining initiatives
· Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with major stakeholders.
· Adapt to the changing environment (new regulations, introduction of further technology, reorganizations, etc.)
· Efficiently and regularly cooperate with the Front office and other stakeholders in order to spread a common culture, enforce requirements and respect the Front office business objectives.
· Perform an adequate follow-up of the tasks at all times in order to escalate potential issues in a timely manner.
· Working in a busy environment and will be working against tight deadlines and have to manage the expectations of the Relationship Managers, Investment Advisors and Client Service Executives. The role operates within the first stage of the client experience and as such carries with it the added pressures of processing the workloads accurately.
· Ensuring the quality of the CDD end to end process has been followed correctly and identify and escalate issues to management.
· Ensuring all areas of risk and financial crime risk are considered by the business and the correct remedial action taken in line with the Banks’ attitude to risk.
· Identify key gaps in knowledge and provide coaching and development to meet those needs
· Drive continuous improvement to the client experience.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
· The jobholder ensures the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
· Consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
· The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
· Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
· Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
· Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· University degree in relevant discipline preferred
· 2+ years of banking experience, with exposure to operations
· Good knowledge of the Account Opening Documentation suite and associated control procedures.
· Flexibility to develop and undertake all aspects of Account Opening & Periodic review process across the Private Banking business.
· Sound working knowledge of Private Banking and Wealth Management.
· Ability to keep up-to-date with any regulatory changes within the jurisdictions covered.
· Experience of US Tax Forms would be an advantage.
· Knowledge of US Qualified Intermediary, FATCA, ESD, BBSI and OI Returns would be an advantage.
· Sound knowledge of Customer Due Diligence policy and process
· Good problem solving, negotiation, organisational, cross-functional collaboration, communication and presentation skills are required to be successful in this position
· Working knowledge of AML, regulatory compliance and controls within the banking and financial services industry
· Excellent communication skills at all levels (written and verbal) displaying patience and empathy at all times.
· Self-motivated with the ability to develop and shape the direction of their team and wider department
· Proven ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment
· Able to work independently
· Commercially minded
· Can-do and problem solving attitude
· At ease under pressure and demonstrating good resilience
· Strong teamwork initiative.
· Good research and communication skills.
· Ability to work professionally with all levels of staff and management.
· Skilled IT user with a capacity to adapt to new or complex tools and use efficiently all usual software suit (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, etc.)
· Flexible and accountable: Open (to different ideas and cultures), dependable (by doing the right thing and take personal accountability) and Connected (with our clients, providers, regulators and colleagues by demonstrating collaboration and respect)
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub:
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on 0161 503 5558/ Curtis.Sharpe@jeffersonwells.co.uk